Warning during compilation in VS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warning during compilation in VS

Hey guys - I'm seeing this warning when compiling my indicator in Visual Studio:

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Micr osoft.Common.targets(1578,5): warning MSB3270: There was a mismatch between the processor architecture of the project being built "MSIL" and the processor architecture of the reference "PresentationCore", "x86". This mismatch may cause runtime failures. Please consider changing the targeted processor architecture of your project through the Configuration Manager so as to align the processor architectures between your project and references, or take a dependency on references with a processor architecture that matches the targeted processor architecture of your project.

I haven't changed anything - just opened the project via the icon in the script editor in Ninja. Have you seen this warning before?

What is your debug and release set to?

Since I use Fakes Framework in my UnitTest, I get the following MSBuild warning. warning MSB3270: There was a mismatch between the processor architecture of the project being built "MSIL" and the

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
      What is your debug and release set to?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...akes-framework
      I didn't touch any of those settings - just opened the project in VS Express and compiled. Enclosed a screenshot - the platform/configuraiton settings cannot be edited.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by molecool View Post
        I didn't touch any of those settings - just opened the project in VS Express and compiled. Enclosed a screenshot - the platform/configuraiton settings cannot be edited.
        What version of VS?

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
          What version of VS?
          Screen grab:
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by molecool View Post
            Screen grab:
            Then I would be inclined to think that one of your external or 3rd party dll's is targeted in such a manner as to cause the issue.

I am not sure if upgrading to VS 2013 might help. The Community Edition is apparently the same as the Pro edition, but with a free license, so somewhat a bit more powerful than the corresponding Express edition.

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
              Then I would be inclined to think that one of your external or 3rd party dll's is targeted in such a manner as to cause the issue.

I am not sure if upgrading to VS 2013 might help. The Community Edition is apparently the same as the Pro edition, but with a free license, so somewhat a bit more powerful than the corresponding Express edition.
              When I tried this I had not added any outside libraries - no DLLs except the ones in the NT8 vanilla installation.

Not sure that this is a problem though - it's giving me a warning but it does compile from what I am able to gather. Be this as it may - if there is only a specific version of VS that's being supported or will compile without errors then it needs to be specified. Right now we are around 50 people plus the folks from NinjaTrader who are exposed to NT8. Once the floodgates open there will be thousands with varying setups/configurations. Which will then result in a lot of trouble reports being filed which equals more work for the NT support team. Just my 2 cents....
              Last edited by molecool; 06-01-2015, 04:31 AM.

Comment

Visuial Studio 2013 has exactly the same issue. Please note that it's a fresh setup, no 3rd party products.

Moreover, there are 328 warnings there. However, all of them are something like:

1>C:\Users\dev\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\DrawingTools\@Text.cs(406,27,406,31): warning CS0436: The type 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.DrawingTools.Text' in 'c:\Users\dev\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\DrawingTools\@Text.cs' conflicts with the imported type 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.DrawingTools.Text' in 'c:\Users\dev\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\NinjaTrader.Vendor.dll'. Using the type defined in 'c:\Users\dev\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\DrawingTools\@Text.cs'.

or

1>C:\Users\dev\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\Indicators\@BuySellVolume.cs(30,31,30 ,40): warning CS0436: The type 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.Indicator' in 'c:\Users\dev\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\Indicators\@BarTimer.cs' conflicts with the imported type 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.Indicator' in 'c:\Users\dev\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\NinjaTrader.Vendor.dll'. Using the type defined in 'c:\Users\dev\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\Indicators\@BarTimer.cs'.
                Custom Trading System
                NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - CustomTradingSystem

Comment

Originally posted by CustomTradingSystem View Post
                  Visuial Studio 2013 has exactly the same issue. Please note that it's a fresh setup, no 3rd party products. Moreover, there are 328 warnings there.
                  Yep, VS 2013C here and have seen same warnings (although not as many) since day 1.. Doesn't seem to effect anything, but just wanted to confirm happening here too..

-=Edge=-
                  NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - High Tech Trading Analysis

Comment

The errors are currently expected and should be ignored. Compiling should be done from the NS editor.

You cannot actually run at true build of the custom project to the custom dll that NinjaTrader is running. We looked into this, as it's something we would love as we're heavy VS users here, but there are quite a few roadblocks that forced us to drop support for building in VS at this time.

When you run a build in VS right now, it's actually deploying a second Custom.dll in a separate folder and not actually running against the Custom.dll that is referenced by NinjaTrader. So while it may be generating meaningful info to you related to the syntax errors, etc, it's not actually going to change any indicators you have installed in NT until you compile in the NS editor.
                    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
                      The errors are currently expected and should be ignored. Compiling should be done from the NS editor.

You cannot actually run at true build of the custom project to the custom dll that NinjaTrader is running. We looked into this, as it's something we would love as we're heavy VS users here, but there are quite a few roadblocks that forced us to drop support for building in VS at this time.

When you run a build in VS right now, it's actually deploying a second Custom.dll in a separate folder and not actually running against the Custom.dll that is referenced by NinjaTrader. So while it may be generating meaningful info to you related to the syntax errors, etc, it's not actually going to change any indicators you have installed in NT until you compile in the NS editor.
                      Frankly not an issue for me at all. As long as I get the convenience of developing inside of VS. Switching over to NT8 and hitting the build button or F5 to compile is a minor inconvenience.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
                      1 response
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                      Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
                      13 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post frankthearm