Pre-check memory available before migrating files from NT7 to NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre-check memory available before migrating files from NT7 to NT8

If you have a large set of Historical/Market replay data in NT7 the migration to NT8 seems to "duplicate" those files,so it could create memory issues. Pre-checking memory available before migrating those files might prevent "hung ups".

Also, maybe the user can check what items wants to migrate?

Originally posted by DrBen View Post
    If you have a large set of Historical/Market replay data in NT7 the migration to NT8 seems to "duplicate" those files,so it could create memory issues. Pre-checking memory available before migrating those files might prevent "hung ups".

What do you mean duplicate? Did you run out of disk space?

It copies everything to keep it separate so you can run both at the same time. NT6.5 to 7 did it this way also.

Comment

Hello DrBen,

Thank you for your post.

This is not a bad idea, I will pass it along. Although, the import is intended as a one time option.

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
        What do you mean duplicate? Did you run out of disk space?

It copies everything to keep it separate so you can run both at the same time. NT6.5 to 7 did it this way also.
        Well,a couple of years of market replay data on multiple instruments can easily use several tens of GB of disk space. I am pretty sure that most users don't want to migrate files from past years. With the use of MarketReplay.net or other services the data accumulates very fast :-). Migrating by default only 2015 data could be a reasonable compromise.

Comment

Well,a couple of years of market replay data on multiple instruments can easily use several tens of GB of disk space. I am pretty sure that most users don't want to migrate files from past years. With the use of MarketReplay.net or other services the data accumulates very fast :-). Migrating by default only 2015 data could be a reasonable compromise.
          I wish I had more. I wish I could merge in previous databases. Feed me more! (I'm all for options though... give people option to import data)..

I don't think Market Replay.net has market status stuff - such as VIX, etc.

I can't do anything in NT8 market replay. Stops on 12/31/2014 at 12:59pm or so, plays out of order in jan - march 2015, doesn't come close to matching NT7 charts (imported incorrectly?)..

This test below takes me about 28 hours in marketplay nT7. This is a 1 trade per day strategy on certain days (with double up on reversal if that happens).

It looks like NT8 would crush it in about 1 hour?...
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello DrBen,

Thank you for your suggestion on how we can improve our product. It has been inserted into our tracking system with the unique ID # SFT-400.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
            16 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Leafcutter  
            Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post WHICKED