Feature Request: Moving word to word in Script Editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Request: Moving word to word in Script Editor

I just noticed that the use of CTRL-LEFT or CTRL-RIGHT does not seem to be mapped for moving the cursor between words. That's a pretty standard feature and if it's not enabled at this point I would want to request it as an additional feature.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

If anyone else thinks this should be added please chime in below. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by molecool View Post
      I just noticed that the use of CTRL-LEFT or CTRL-RIGHT does not seem to be mapped for moving the cursor between words. That's a pretty standard feature and if it's not enabled at this point I would want to request it as an additional feature.

Works for me. I'm using 8.0.0.2 64-bit (Multi-Broker) - BETA.

In my 16 years of programming, there have been many times when a control key on my keyboard got stuck in the down position. If something like what you experienced happens to me, I tap all the control keys (Alt, Shift, Ctrl) on my keyboard a few times to make sure none of them are stuck.

Comment

Originally posted by molecool View Post

It actually works correctly on my NT8B2.

Comment

I double check mine tonight. B1 and B2.

Comment

Ha - that is strange. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I'm running it inside of Parallels on a Mac? But CTRL-Arrow jumping works like a charm in every single other application, including NT7.

Could someone else with a similar setup please test that? I'm seeing an accumulation of possible issues with running NT8 on a virtual machine. Some of that may be Parallels, others are associated with RDP on a VM. For instance that NT8 gets stuck in Parallels being suspended and rewakened. Now I understand that that particular problem has been put on the bench for now. But my concern is that once we open this up to a wider beta testing group with thousands of participants we'll be running into a host of UI issues related to the new GUI framework. Best to catalog them now and to make a decision on how to address them over time. This will avoid a ton of trouble tickets being filed after the internal beta.

Any input welcome.

Comment

Hello molecool,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We log and track each item here in beta, this will be no exception of course.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by love2code2trade, 04-17-2024, 01:45 PM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post love2code2trade  
              Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post eDanny