Genetic/Default optimization bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Genetic/Default optimization bug

If you run an optimization using 'genetic' methods, and then compile a strat or indicator, NT8 seems to leave the strategy analyzer screen SHOWING you have 'genetic' selected, however if you actually run the optimization, it seems to use 'default' method. This requires the user to change from genetic back to default and back to genetic, after recompiling, in such situations.

Hello Dionysus,

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to re-create the same scenario. I have ran the optimization as Genetic, then compile, and run the optimization again (without changing the Optimizer which is still set to Genetic), I receive results based on a Genetic optimization again.

Would you be able to provide additional information? If you can provide any screenshots or a video of your process it would be most helpful.

I look forward to your response.

Comment

Hm.

Are you certain?

I'm having the reverse issue, I've tried everything and can't *avoid* it happening. .

I've tried with the default strategies packaged with ninja (sample ma crossover, etc), and my own. . and its doing the same thing every time.

I know when its going to happen now, because I see the "GO Properties" portion of the 'settings' right hand side column disappear, after each compile. . this signals that the bug has been triggered, and that, although it still shows 'genetic' displayed, its going to use 'default' unless I change it, and change it back again. .

I'm afraid it might be pointless to send you anything, since, as I mentioned, it happens with every single strategy. Are you keeping the strategy analyzer open when you compile? Also, I'm using ninjascript editor to open any random indicator or strategy, right clicking, and selecting 'compile', as my chosen means of compiling. . then I click back to my already open strategy analyzer window, and 'GO properties' is missing, and the bug has reared its head. .

Hope this is helpful. . . would appreciate someone else trying to confirm this

Comment

Hello Dionysus,

Thank you for your response.

I did keep the Strategy Analyzer open on my end. I will see if my colleagues are able to reproduce.

Comment

Hello Dionysus,

Thank you for your patience.

While I am unable to re-create this, one of my colleagues is able to re-create. Thank you for reporting this.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Creamers, 09-08-2023, 10:26 AM
          6 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post JonyGurt  
          Started by funk10101, Today, 08:14 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse