Color picker doesn't allow for custom colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Color picker doesn't allow for custom colors

In NT7 you could enter the hex or ARGB values for a color, in 8 we appear to only be able to select the predefined ones from the drop down. Is this possible to add or is it already coming in a subsequent build?

Hi RanchoDinero, thanks for your post.

This feature has been requested several times recently. I have added your vote for this feature to our internal tracking system. Should you wish to check the status of this feature in the future, the internal tracking number for it is SFT-359.
    <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

need custom colors. I can't get my chart to look right with just black background. My background color needs to be 49,49,49.

Comment

This is also essential for me. One more vote.

Comment

Add another vote from me...

Comment

Originally posted by tupchurch View Post
            need custom colors. I can't get my chart to look right with just black background. My background color needs to be 49,49,49.
            Create a new skin and edit it to add the custom colors to the picker.

ref: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...48&postcount=1

Comment

Thanks for the helpful link. It is good to know how to add custom colors via the skin, but in NT7 it is possible to dial in a color by continually tweaking the RGB values right in the Data Series or Indicator panel. It's possible to get instant feedback and compare very close shades. That is very nice.

In any case, the linked thread reveals that the NT people are aware of the need for that functionality, so I'm sure it'll come around.

Comment

It's essential that users/customers who aren't programmers--and positively don't want to be such--be able to specify custom colors. It's far easier to teach them how to do that in the properties dialog than by editing XAML.

Comment

I made it with this workaround, but another vote from me.

Comment

Thanks everyone -- I've got everyone's vote added to SFT-359.
                    Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

+1 vote from me.
                      I don't like to be limited to older choice of knowncolors, but most of all I don't like the order of those colors. It would be so great to see a proper color picker in NT8.

Comment

I'm happy to report that we actually did implement this functionality in the currently released Beta 8 version. You can now type RGB, ARGB, or HEX values directly into the color pickers, to use any custom color, including transparency. The pre-built colors are still organized by hue, as this seems to be the most convenient grouping when it comes to scrolling up and down to find a certain shade you are looking for.
                        Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                        3 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
                        Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
                        2 responses
                        0 likes