Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 minimum and recomended spec

Hi,
    I'd like to know how much ram and processing power does NT8 needs to function properly. (running a dozen of strategies and 3 to 4 charts, with one or 2 indicator on each).
    I am about to subscribe to a new VPS on a yearly contract and I want to be sure it will be enough to run NT8 and not just NT7.

Cheers,
    Christophe
    Last edited by christophe; 06-03-2015, 12:26 AM.

Here is the minimum and recommended requirements we will be providing, using the recommended options sans the directX video card (Since almost impossible to find on VPS) and SSD drive (since again hard to find) should do the trick. Charts will downgrade to software rendering when used on a VPS with no graphics card available. Still usable but just not as fast as using graphic card.

Minimum PC Requirements
    You must meet the below minimum PC requirements to run NinjaTrader 8 Beta.

• Windows Vista (SP2) w/ Platform Update, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2008 w/ Platform Update, Windows Server 2008 R2 or later.
    • 1 (GHz) or faster 32-bit or 64-bit processor
    • 2 GB RAM
    • Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5
    • Screen resolution of 1024 x 768

Recommended PC Requirements

NinjaTrader 8 was designed to take full advantage of modern PC architecture. To achieve the highest possible level of performance, NinjaTrader 8 will utilize all available CPU cores and additional memory resources. Depending on your actual usage with NinjaTrader you may need more or less resources as there is no one size fits all recommendation. Note: If you do plan on running strategy optimizations then having additional memory will be of direct benefit, the amount of additional memory needed is proportional to the number of CPU cores available.

• 2 (GHz) or faster quad core 64-bit processor
    • 8 GB RAM
    • DirectX 10 compatible graphics card
    • SSD Hard Drive

Comment

Based on my usage pattern and also the prior discussions on Global Cursor problems, I would suggest Ninja add minimum specifications for a graphics adapter, considering how the new UI uses the GPU(s) for most of the graphics processing, where NT7 used CPU as the major work horse. I realize this is based on how one uses NT8, but a warning should be given.

My configuration is Intel i7 quad core @3400 with 8 Gig memory, SSD & SATA drives and 2 lower end graphics cards Nvidia GeForce GT430. All other programs run fine, relative to cursor movement. NT8 runs fine as long as I do not ask for Global Crosshairs.

I woiuld suspect this will impact laptop users especaily those who add a second monitor to get more screen real estate to view multiple charts / windows

Also in testing more - there was no difference in cursor response with 2 or 10 charts.

John

Comment

In the installation guide here: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/en-us/

We provide minimum and recommended specs with the recommended specs suggesting a Direct X 10 graphics card.

Comment

Brett, Here are the specs of the Nvidia GeForce GT 430 adapter. I have 2 installed, running one monitor per adapter. From what you are telling me it should work, since my GT 430 supports DirectX 12. You are welcome to link in to my system if that would help.

John

GPU Engine Specs - Graphics Clock (MHz) 700 MHz
          Processor Clock (MHz) 1400 MHz
          Texture Fill Rate (billion/sec) 11.2
          CUDA Cores Per GPU 96
          Memory Specs Memory Clock
          800 - 900 MHz (1600 - 1800 data rate)
          Standard Memory Config
          1 GB DDR3
          Memory Interface
          GDDR3
          Memory Interface Width 128-bit
          Memory Bandwidth (GB/sec) 25.6 - 28.8
          Feature Support OpenGL 4.2 Bus Support PCI-E 2.0 x 16
          Supported Technologies
          CUDA, 3D Vision, PhysX, DirectX 12

Display Support
          Maximum Digital Resolution
          2560x1600
          Maximum VGA Resolution
          2048x1536

Comment

As long as its a Direct X 10 graphics card you should be good. Can you send me your trace and log file via control center > help > mail to support and reference this forum post. We could look into further since I'm concerned you actually have a separate issue going on not related to graphics card performance.

Comment

If any one needs or wants to determine what level of DirectX support their system has, MSFT has an app, that should be on your system. DXDIAG. Just go to start -> Run -> enter DXDIAG. It will have a popup window showing your system info and near the bottom of the list of main system capabilities is DirectX support. Mine ended up being DirectX -- 11.2 I'm not sure why GeForce says 12.0

John

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by tsantospinto, 04-12-2024, 07:04 PM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post aligator  
              Started by michi08, 10-05-2018, 09:31 AM
              3 responses
              0 likes