NinjaScript Editor. Compilation Error with folder named SharpDX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NinjaScript Editor. Compilation Error with folder named SharpDX

This is not a bug, it's rather a coincidence. But could have more impact.

I ran into this problem when I wanted to create a folder with scripts to test the new library included in NT8 SharpDX:

1.- From the NinjaScript Explorer I created a folder called SharpDX.
    2.- Inside the folder creates any indicator (eg Test01). Compile and get errors in all standard indicators that use SharpDX: RangeCounters, VolumeProfile, VolumeZones and ZigZag.

The reason is a namespaces conflict.
    If I change the name of the folder (for example SharpDXTest) or edit the namespace of my indicator Test01 then compiles fine.

Best Regards
    Last edited by cls71; 06-04-2015, 03:47 AM.

Hello cls71,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I am able to recreate the exact same behavior with a folder named SharpDX. I will forward this on to our development team.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
      Hello cls71,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I am able to recreate the exact same behavior with a folder named SharpDX. I will forward this on to our development team.
      Hi Patrick,

This brings up a great point. I think when I am trying to dyanmically create Indicators in the future through reflection, the "sub-folders" under indicators are going to cause a problem. It would be nice it there were a way to create a physical FOLDER under INDICATORs or Strategies for example, and have the compile recure into those folder. Right now, when you create a folder you are creating and extention to the name space. Certainly that is the issue here...

For me in the future, as people create all sorts of "sub folders" for their projects, there are going to be random name spaces that need to be included to access these indicators.

Just my 2 cents, but I would like a physical folder created through the editor and not a virtual namespace folder.

Comment

Originally posted by NJA_MC View Post
        Hi Patrick,

This brings up a great point. I think when I am trying to dyanmically create Indicators in the future through reflection, the "sub-folders" under indicators are going to cause a problem. It would be nice it there were a way to create a physical FOLDER under INDICATORs or Strategies for example, and have the compile recure into those folder. Right now, when you create a folder you are creating and extention to the name space. Certainly that is the issue here...

For me in the future, as people create all sorts of "sub folders" for their projects, there are going to be random name spaces that need to be included to access these indicators.

Just my 2 cents, but I would like a physical folder created through the editor and not a virtual namespace folder.
        That would be my preference too. Have the NinjaScript Explorer exactly reflect an underlying Operating System folder structure.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by dustydbayer, Today, 01:59 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post dustydbayer  
        Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes