Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Public Beta ETA?

Hi,

Was wondering if there was an ETA for a public beta? Not expecting precise dates, just a guide on if it's expect to be weeks, months, 2016 etc...?

Thanks

Originally posted by tdouglas View Post
    Hi,

Was wondering if there was an ETA for a public beta? Not expecting precise dates, just a guide on if it's expect to be weeks, months, 2016 etc...?

Thanks
    Looking back at nt7.. one also needs to add in while nt8 is built off of nt7,there's a ton of stuff that's reworked and is definitely expanded on.

NinjaTrader Version 7.0.0.2 Beta Release 2 - October 19th, 2009

Official nt7 release statement. .

Comment

Originally posted by tdouglas View Post
      Hi,

Thanks
      There is no ETA at this time.

Originally posted by sledge View Post
      Looking back at nt7.. one also needs to add in while nt8 is built off of nt7,there's a ton of stuff that's reworked and is definitely expanded on.

NinjaTrader Version 7.0.0.2 Beta Release 2 - October 19th, 2009

Official nt7 release statement. .

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=27615
      While we cannot predict and therefore will not give any estimations of how long NT8 will be in closed vs public beta, or officially released - I would not use NT7's beta period as a gauge to time the current NT8 beta period. NT7 was at the end of the core's lifecycle which makes it much more difficult to enhance/fix/release. NT8 was a re-write of NT7 so was not built off the NT7 core. The improvements we've made in NT8 make it much easier for us to apply fixes and we have a much more streamlined internal build procedure than we used previously. We therefore anticipate NT8 beta to be much quicker - but again we will not make any estimates at this time.
      MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
        There is no ETA at this time.

While we cannot predict and therefore will not give any estimations of how long NT8 will be in closed vs public beta, or officially released - I would not use NT7's beta period as a gauge to time the current NT8 beta period. NT7 was at the end of the core's lifecycle which makes it much more difficult to enhance/fix/release. NT8 was a re-write of NT7 so was not built off the NT7 core. The improvements we've made in NT8 make it much easier for us to apply fixes and we have a much more streamlined internal build procedure than we used previously. We therefore anticipate NT8 beta to be much quicker - but again we will not make any estimates at this time.
        Please do not feel any pressure on release dates. Let us have a release only when ready. Even if the codebase is entirely written from scratch, we are still going to find quite a few quasi-critical details that have simply not been noticed yet. (cf: We just found out that we may need to Freeze() new brushes. ref: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=74687).

Comment

I still hope to be included as a beta NT8 tester.

I understand the 2nd round of testers has been notified.

Was my invite sent out?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by kronie View Post
            I still hope to be included as a beta NT8 tester.

I understand the 2nd round of testers has been notified.

Was my invite sent out?

thanks
            Please send an email to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and we can check to see if your email was included in the wave 2 or not.
            MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thanks for the quick responses. Sounds like it should faster than the timefram for nt7. Will keep an eye on the forums.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post cmtjoancolmenero  
              Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Stanfillirenfro