IQFeed Connection Drops and Reconnects Often

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IQFeed Connection Drops and Reconnects Often

Connecting to the IQFeed 5.1.1.3 client, the connection is lost every couple of hours then NT8 attempts to reconnect. Usually successfully. But after NT8 has been running several hours it will end up in an infinite loop of drops and reconnects.

NT7 is connected to the same client instance on the same machine without issue at the whole time.

Hopefully the info in the attached log will help. Please let me know if you need more info...
    Attached Files

Hi,

Yes, I have seen the same. It is hard to nail down as it does not happen all the time.

Also, I have seen (but not screen captured yet), that sometimes IQFeed disconnects, but the Green (Connected) light remains Green. It is then impossible to either disconnect, or reconnect IQFeed, the only option is to close and then re-open the program.

I am trying to track down when it happens, but there are definite issues in and around the IQFeed connection.

Is anybody else having these issues, that can help track then down to help the Ninja Guys fix.....

Comment

Can you please send in log and traces to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com and reference this post. You attached log but traces hold the juicy part for us to take a look at what is going on.

I'd actually appreciate if both of you did this since I don't know if the two problems are the same or not.

Comment

Thanks for sending in. Exception in the trace is as follows:

2015-06-02 15:53:04:891 (My IQFeed) IQFeed.Adapter.MessageLoopAdmin: SocketException message='A blocking operation was interrupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall' stackTrace=' at NinjaTrader.Kinetick.KinetickSocket.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Byte eol)
        at NinjaTrader.Kinetick.KinetickSocket.ReadLine()
        at NinjaTrader.IQFeed.Adapter.MessageLoopAdmin()'

I've asked development to take a look let you know when I hear back.

Comment

No worries, glad to help in the testing..........

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by RideMe, 04-07-2024, 04:54 PM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
          Started by f.saeidi, Today, 08:13 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB