Help -> email support failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help -> email support failure

I have tried a few times to use the Email Support out of NT8 and receive this error and had the transmission failed:

Code:
     2015-06-04 21:53:08:699 ERROR: There was an error sending a mail message: Service not available, closing transmission channel. The server response was: Cannot connect to SMTP server 64.57.210.216 (64.57.210.216:25), NB connect error 1460
    2015-06-04 21:54:55:420 ERROR: There was an error sending a mail message: Service not available, closing transmission channel. The server response was: Cannot connect to SMTP server 64.57.210.216 (64.57.210.216:25), NB connect error 1460

Did the mail eventually send? Or do you always get these errors.

If your ISP or other programs are blocking port 25, you will not be able to use this feature currently.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hi Matt,

This feature worked find on BETA1. I just checked to see if AVAST or MS Firewall was blocking the connection. That does not seem to be the case as I disabled both and tried a test run sending a message to support. Same error:

Code:
       2015-06-05 18:16:44:054|3|4|There was an error sending a mail message: Failure sending mail. Unable to connect to the remote server A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 64.57.210.216:25
      2015-06-05 18:18:07:253|3|4|There was an error sending a mail message: Failure sending mail. Unable to connect to the remote server A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 64.57.210.216:25

Comment

This feature is working in our tests using B2, there were no changes in this area from B1.

Can you telnet to ninjatrader.com 25?

Click image for larger version

Name:	smtp25.png
Views:	1
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	873723

You could also try using NinjaTrader 7's mail feature, make sure you have cleared out any email options under Tools-> Options-> Misc tab, and make sure to press OK and restart. This will also test the mail server on port 25.

Comment

The port is definitely blocked.

I can only use NT7 while configured for my Gmail account to send Emails internal to the program.

Is there a way to get NT8 to use my "Email" configuration? Seems like the general setup doesn't allow for configuration for a different port/server.

Comment

Thanks for testing - it is currently hard coded to 25, and we have to keep the share service separate from the mail to support feature due to the the way attachments are handled. Our IT team is researching a solution in terms of another port which would not commonly be blocked by an ISP.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
              Thanks for testing - it is currently hard coded to 25, and we have to keep the share service separate from the mail to support feature due to the the way attachments are handled. Our IT team is researching a solution in terms of another port which would not commonly be blocked by an ISP.
              Hi Matt,

Found it! Just happened to happen in the middle of the BETA 1 to 2:

Looks like around May 15th, Comcast started to block Port 25.

Regards,
              Greg

Comment

I just wanted to report, it looks this issue has been corrected as now I get error messages from NT8 emailed to me.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Perr0Grande  
                Started by elderan, Today, 08:03 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post elderan