Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Request Current Downloading Status

Hi I am not sure if there is already the ability to do this function

On NT7 we got an indication in the lower right of the control center to say which instrument was currently downloading. This was great to see progress being made when request a large amount of back data.

I don't see an such indication in NT8 am i missing something?

thanks
    Last edited by James108; 06-10-2015, 08:09 PM.

I second this request...

Maybe you can flash the GREEN light when downloaded at a minimum and have a tool-tip that gives details? Sometimes you think the system has hung because it is downloading data int he background.

The "Load..." on the chart really doesn't give me confidence the system hasn't hung...

Comment

Originally posted by NJA_MC View Post
      I second this request...

Maybe you can flash the GREEN light when downloaded at a minimum and have a tool-tip that gives details? Sometimes you think the system has hung because it is downloading data int he background.

The "Load..." on the chart really doesn't give me confidence the system hasn't hung...
      Yes, some indication is required.

Comment

I agree. Today I downloaed all years of ES 03-14 ticks and saw progress information flash quickly across the bottom right corner of the download window. Maybe 2 seconds for all progress reporting. Then 3 minutes without feedback until the download completed. So I suspect a threading or async issue.
        Last edited by dalebru; 06-06-2015, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Hello everyone - Thank you for your feedback! I can see how a notification that a download is in progress could be useful and I will submit this suggestion to our development staff for further consideration.

Hello dalebru,

So that I may more accurately test this scenario can you tell me which data source you are connecting through and specify the exact to/from dates which you were using when downloading data?
          KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
            Hello everyone - Thank you for your feedback! I can see how a notification that a download is in progress could be useful and I will submit this suggestion to our development staff for further consideration.

Hello dalebru,

So that I may more accurately test this scenario can you tell me which data source you are connecting through and specify the exact to/from dates which you were using when downloading data?
            There is another (email) thread going, number 1330363. I often don't know whether to report a possible bug by email or here in this forum.
            snip:
            My connection is to Rithmic.
            ​After your response, I deleted all the tick files at ..\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\db\tick\​ and re-downloaded everything from 5/29/2000 to 6/5/2015 (Tick, Minute, Day, Last).

It's another kinda-bug that there as a flashing of info at the bottom of the Historical Data for a second or two, then NO feedback for the rest of the download time, on any window AFAICT. After about 3 minutes, the data files came through and the download controls were re-enabled (the only visual clue that I was done).

Comment

Hello dalebru,

Thank you for getting back to me.

We would prefer that all reports be submitted to the forum however you can submit by email as well if this is more convenient for you. We would only ask that, if something has been reported by email it not be reported again at the forum and vice versa to ensure that we're not doubling our efforts in tracking a single issue. In terms of case 1330363, I see that Chelsea has scheduled a call with you later today so we will pause here at the forum pending that call.
              KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Javierw.ok  
              Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
              2 responses
              0 likes