Strange crosstalk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange crosstalk?

I have NT7 open with no data connection. I also had NT8 open with no connection. I connect with NT8 to Kinetick. I get multiple popup error messages about the instruments not subscribed to with Kinetick, which are only on my NT7 charts. My previously populated NT7 charts with these instruments are now devoid of any price bars. Why did this happen?

Dan
    eDanny
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Hello Dan,

Thank you for your post.

I was not able to recreate the issue here. Can you verify that the steps which I am taking match the steps you take before seeing the issue?

On my side, I have taken the following steps:
    1.) First, I open NinjaTrader 7 and 8.
    2.) I then open a ES 06-15 chart within NinjaTrader 7. (while disconnected)
    3.) Next, I've created a CAT chart within NinjaTrader 8. (again, while disconnected)
    4.) Finally, I connect to a Kinteick account which includes access to NYSE instruments only within NinjaTrader 8.

After taking these steps on my side, I see data load normally within NinjaTrader 8 and I see no effect to the data which is displayed within NinjaTrader 7's ES 06-15 chart.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Kyle. I had opened NT7 with workspace charts populated with historical data (TF). I then opened NT8 with a couple of charts with NQ data in the workspace. I connected to Kinetick with NT8 and my NT7 charts lost the bars and there were warning popups about unsupported instruments in Kinetick with my subscription. Later I connected NT7 to my other data provider and had to reload historical data in one of the empty charts to repopulate them. Hope that helps.

Dan

Edit: I just followed the exact same steps and cannot duplicate the problem. The only different thing that happened yesterday was my first attempt at connecting to Kinetick didn't work and the connection dot stayed at default color even after an extended wait time. After selecting the connection a second time the connection occurred but with the described anomaly.
      Last edited by eDanny; 06-09-2015, 03:59 PM.
      eDanny
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Hello Dan,

Thank you for getting back to me.

So that I may further investigate I would ask that you follow up with me by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In the message please include the following:

1.) A link to this forum thread.
        2.) A copy of the Config file which you will find in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 folder.
        3.) A copy of yesterday's log file:
        You will find this file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Log folder. The file which I need will be named 'log.20150608.0000.txt'
        4.) A copy of yesterday's trace file:
        You will find this file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace folder. The file which I need will be named 'trace.20150608.0000.txt'
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by MarianApalaghiei, Today, 10:49 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
        Started by XXtrader, Today, 11:30 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes