Microsoft Screen Capture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Microsoft Screen Capture

I don't know what causes this problem and it doesn't happen all the time. Seems like it mainly happens in the evening.

Here are 2 screenshots of the same chart.

One is the "NT8" Save As through the email share (This is the full image).

The other image is the one where you can see part of the chart and bleed through of the desktop and other windows the chart overlapped. This was captured using the "Print Screen feature" built into windows. I can do a full screen print or a window based and the same "voids" are seen. Somehow parts of the image are transparent when the screen shot is taken. There is no visual issue with the screen.
    Attached Files

Thanks for reporting. What microsoft screen capture exactly? Snipping Tool? Print screen?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
      Thanks for reporting. What microsoft screen capture exactly? Snipping Tool? Print screen?
      The built in Print Screen feature. I am on Windows 7 64Bit if that helps. I have an intel Based video card (soon will have a NVIDIA to try).

Comment

May be the drivers

I know I used ALT/PrtScr yesterday to capture just the active chart window for a post yesterday and all was fine. After reading this I tried a full multi-moniter PrtScr with paste to Paint and saw no problems with capturing charts with or without Chart Trader enabled. Most likely this would be your video drivers are corrupted as it is hard to believe the hardware would be at fault.

Dan
        eDanny
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Originally posted by eDanny View Post
          I know I used ALT/PrtScr yesterday to capture just the active chart window for a post yesterday and all was fine. After reading this I tried a full multi-moniter PrtScr with paste to Paint and saw no problems with capturing charts with or without Chart Trader enabled. Most likely this would be your video drivers are corrupted as it is hard to believe the hardware would be at fault.

Dan
          Thank,

I updated those a few times and the issue persists. This issue seems to be Time Sensative along with another issue I am chasing with NT8. At times it is fine for me as well, usually that is during the day.

Comment

Ahh, I remember reading your post about the time of day issue. That is very strange indeed.
            eDanny
            NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

What time of day post? My print screens are working here as well.

Comment

Hi Brett,

The attached screen shots were taken around 9PM EST. It might be related to the times when I am seeing gaps in the chart data:

Comment

Ok thanks, really should not be related. The other post is likely a Tick Replay bug around days to load and going into the enxt session something like that most likely. Which I aksed Patrick to still report to development even if he can't reproduce.

Since your using tick replay though that is really expensive operation. Perhaps the UI is unresponsive when you take the screenshot or something like this? Looking for another trigger that would cause.

Comment

I think the UI is working fine and I can take multiple screenshots of the same window or screen with no variation in output.

The odd thing is that the part that is missing is always the section around the chart as you can see in the image. It is almost like the Z value is set to below the desktop, you can see the Red of the other chart as well. Either that or there is transparence set which my video driver sees but doesn't affect the display on the monitor.

This is almost like an XRay, everything looks fine on the screen but the screenshot captured has these holes... It might be related to the SharpDX render and my video card. I have a laptop which has an NVIDIA card which I will see if I can reproduce. My 3rd system has the same intel video so if it is related to their driver, that will not help.

Comment

Ok thanks, we will keep an eye out as well for additional reports.

Comment

I am starting to suspect this issue may have been related to graphical resources and exceptions being thrown due to early programming issues.

As I update my scripts based upon the threads, I have not seen this issue in about 1 week's time.

So bad NinjaScript programming might be the original cause.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                        167 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post jeronymite  
                        Started by warreng86, 11-10-2020, 02:04 PM
                        7 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred