• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart Drawing Bug When Wake From Sleep

Build: 8.0.0.2 64-bit (Multi-Broker) - BETA
    Time: 6/8/15 9:35PM PST
    Screen shot: http://screencast.com/t/1vqReESzN
    Video capture: http://screencast.com/t/fCfTndPTmLx

I have a multi-monitor setup, and some of my monitors are DisplayPort, which have this annoying intermittent problem of changing positions or resolutions when you wake a computer up from sleep state.

Despite having this screen resize problem, not NT7 nor any other program ever acted as strange as NT8 Beta did tonight. With NT8 Beta I got what looks like a broken chart canvas, and this is definitely not normal.

I have one large borderless window that appears to be where the original chart used to be before it was resized. Then a smaller chart window in the upper left corner of my monitor where all the resized windows end up when my when my computer wakes from sleep and decides to resize the monitor to a smaller size.

Both chart areas were actually blank when I woke my computer up. After changing the symbol from NQ to NQ 06-15, data finally displayed in the smaller chart window, but strangely the large borderless chart pane also was partially drawn to, showing parts of the axis that correspond to the smaller chart window. It's bizarre.

A desktop refresh has no effect, and the price on the axis of the borderless chart actually keeps updating. It's like the chart has a split personality!

I'm going to see what happens when I move the smaller chart window...

It was actually pretty interesting. The two chart areas moved around together as I dragged the title bar of the small window. Maximizing and minimizing the window fixed the problem in the end.

Hopefully this gives you guys enough clues to find the bug. I wouldn't be surprised if this bug manifests itself in other ways, so don't dismiss it just because of my weird monitor situation.

Thanks,
    Chris

Hello,
    Thank you for reporting this.
    This is something we have experienced but are unable to get it to continually reproduce. Are you able to get this to reproduce on command?
    Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_CodyB View Post
      Hello,
      Thank you for reporting this.
      This is something we have experienced but are unable to get it to continually reproduce. Are you able to get this to reproduce on command?
      No. I tried manually resizing my desktop and that had no effect.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by philmg, Today, 01:17 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post philmg
      by philmg

Started by cre8able, Today, 01:01 PM
      1 response
      0 likes