Slow Redraw Of Crosshair Cursor in NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An update:
    * When I am using the crosshair with the lines it is a bit slower.
    * When I used 2 charts with global crosshair in 2 maximized windows it worked better as well with the Nvidia GPU.

An improvement suggestion - as stated before me a bit more bluntly, you can incorporate some of the Rainbow crosshair ideas. You can:
    1. Draw the crosshair when moving vertically only when you reach the next tick threshold.
    2. Draw the crosshair when moving horizontally only when you reach the next bar threshold.
    3. When using the drawing tool you can go back to drawing the cursor in each pixel move. Also you can add a button press for moving smoothly (and slowly) if someone needs this functionality, such as pressing "ctrl" while moving in the chart area. Another option is to add a checkbox for disabling (1) and (2).

If you will implement the crosshair this way there will be a lot less drawing refresh needed which will surely solve the problem. Am I right?

Comment

Thanks for the update, as far as the improvement/change ideas and suggestions. Understand that for sure could be an option but it doesn't come without downsides. We have some ideas internally as well on what we could do there to help, however as we are in release candidate we likely would hold off on making major changes and keep polishing what we have for release. We then would take another pass at it based on user feedback.

Comment

resolved for me

Hi,

just wanted to chime in and say that after i changed my settings to Nvidia Gforce handling NT8 instead of the onboard GPU the crosshair seems to function without any lag. i would assume that should fix it for a decent amount of laptop users.

Comment

Originally posted by TimStone View Post
          Hi,

just wanted to chime in and say that after i changed my settings to Nvidia Gforce handling NT8 instead of the onboard GPU the crosshair seems to function without any lag. i would assume that should fix it for a decent amount of laptop users.
          It's not as simple as that.

Which onboard video? Which Gforce card?
          Display settings? 1920x1080?

Is your chart full screen?

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
            It's not as simple as that.

Which onboard video? Which Gforce card?
            Display settings? 1920x1080?

Is your chart full screen?
            it was that simple.

intel hd 4600
            geforce gtx780m
            3840*2160

full screen or no doesnt matter

cheers

Comment

@TimStone: As I understand you have a PC with a common mediocre intel hd 4600 on board plus an extra (very) strong additional GTX780 which you "forgot" to enable for some mysterious, barely understandable reasons - and now you recommend "ok guys, found the holy grail for this crosshair-issue: go and look whether you have some extra strong GPU in your machine that you forgot to use so far and enable it now!". I do use a similar GPU and this is probably the only reason why my crosshairs are not as much lagging as at other users. But - it's ridiculous to require a GTX 780 or stronger to render a simple crosshair in NT8 here now, in the year 2016 - while NT7 had absolutely no issue with crosshairs. Increase hardware by factor 5 or 10 to "resolve" poor development (or poor software architecture) is not the way to go, imho.

geforce gtx780

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post usazencort  
              Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
              5 responses