NinjaTrader.Gui.Design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NinjaTrader.Gui.Design

How do we rewrite this property NinjaTrader.Gui.Design.VisualizationOnlyAttribute in NinjaTrader 8

You're just using this to hide a property from the Market Analyzer correct?

There is no similar concept in NinjaTrader 8 at this time, as we saw little value in hiding properties from one feature to another. The only control you have is setting the entire object to IsChartOnly = true which will make sure the indicator only is available in the list of chart indicators.

Please let me know if there was another use case you were seeking with this attribute.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Loading default indicators and Third party indicators..

I have a form to load Indicators, including Third-party in a ListBox. When I click an Indicator in Lisbox, it should show all the properties in a Propertygrid. How do I do that? Could you provide with some code?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
        There is no similar concept in NinjaTrader 8 at this time, as we saw little value in hiding properties from one feature to another.Please let me know if there was another use case you were seeking with this attribute.
        I'll chime in on this one, as I too would have the need to show or hide various properties on demand, and believe others might as well.. My case might be a bit different, but I'll try to keep this simple and use rmk's example..

Let's say I have a public enum with 2 items and have it set as a NinjaScriptProperty.. One represents a SMA and the other a MACD.. The code behind each of these indicators requires a totally different set of varibles, which also need defined in the properties.. But, if I choose the SMA from the indicator properties for the enum, I don't need, or want, the variable properties required for the MACD to be displayed.. I'd like to refresh the properties on that property change to hide them.

Is there an easy way to go about accomplishing this?

-=Edge=-
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - High Tech Trading Analysis

Comment

Originally posted by -=Edge=- View Post
          I'll chime in on this one, as I too would have the need to show or hide various properties on demand, and believe others might as well.. My case might be a bit different, but I'll try to keep this simple and use rmk's example..

Let's say I have a public enum with 2 items and have it set as a NinjaScriptProperty.. One represents a SMA and the other a MACD.. The code behind each of these indicators requires a totally different set of varibles, which also need defined in the properties.. But, if I choose the SMA from the indicator properties for the enum, I don't need, or want, the variable properties required for the MACD to be displayed.. I'd like to refresh the properties on that property change to hide them.

Is there an easy way to go about accomplishing this?

There is not an easy way, per se - you'd need to implement a TypeConverter. If you look at the DrawingTools.RegressionChannel, you will see an example of this implementation.

Comment

Originally posted by rmk View Post
            I have a form to load Indicators, including Third-party in a ListBox. When I click an Indicator in Lisbox, it should show all the properties in a Propertygrid. How do I do that? Could you provide with some code?
            I'm not 100% sure I follow, can you provide a NT7 sample or screenshot of the desired behavior?

Comment

Indicator Property Selection

The attached screen will load all indicators, including third party indicators.When I select an indicator from the List box, then its property should displayed on the right side .I have an OK button ,in which when i clicked the button, the selected indicator should converted to appropriate DataSeries in NT 8. How do I do that?
              Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post bmartz
              by bmartz

Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
              4 responses