Browser dialog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Browser dialog

Kindly please add Browser dialog to Add reference window.See the screenshot.
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion. Can you please clarify exactly what you are looking for? The References window includes a file browser, which can be accessed by clicking "Add."
    Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Broswer Dialog

Hello,

Thanks for your immediate response.

Now when we click on Add button, it will shows the following path as default
      C:\Users\Win76410272013\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom.

Here i needed to Add a DLL from C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727 path.

Now for getting Parent Directory C:\ i needed to do the following steps
      1.one way is Manually Type C:\ in the textbox
      2. Second way is by clicking 6 times the Back button from the folder window.
      3. Then select Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727

these steps are not user friendly.

if you list the Parent Directories in the left side panel like NT 7( using file browser window) , then it is very helpful . See the attached screenshot.
      Attached Files

Comment

I see what you mean now. This is a suggestions that has been getting votes fairly regularly, and I will add your vote to the list. Thanks again.
        Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dave View Post
          This is a suggestions that has been getting votes fairly regularly, and I will add your vote to the list.
          I can understand that, this feature is also something I don't like about NT8. So please add my vote to it also.

The 'Import NinjaScript' window also needs file browsing features; manually typing in the file path to browse to the folder is not convenient.

There's also a translation issue by the way; if I download a NinjaScript to my desktop or documents folder, I need to type in C:\Users\Name\Desktop or C:\Users\Name\Documents. But on my non-English Windows version my Desktop is called 'Bureaublad' en Documents is named 'Documenten'.

There's also another issue for beginners; the 'Documents' folder is placed below 'Libraries' in the Windows Explorer. But when manually typing in the path we need to drop libraries and go to the C:\Users\Name\ folder. By the way, the 'Users' folder is called 'Gebruikers' in the Dutch Windows Explorer, so your users also need to know that when their Windows is non-English.

To summarise: for beginners or users who don't know English well, manually typing in the path is inconvenient and confusing.
          Last edited by J_o_s; 10-05-2015, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Hi J_o_s,

Thanks, we will increment the vote for this feature.
            <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post zstheorist  
            Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
            8 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post rehmans