Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More IQFeed Connection Problems

Hi Brett

I am still having problems with the IQFeed connection. This morning my Dax chart stopped updating in real-time, but the Green Connection status said that the Nina 8 was still Connected. Please see attached. So this did not make sence.

I then disconnected and re-connected and all the missing Dax data was loaded. See second screen shot.

Also, Ninja 8 seems to drop its IQFeed connection a lot for no reason. See third Screen shot.

Any ideas ?
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thank you for letting us know about these disconnections. There are a few things we can do to test whether the issue is coming from the platform itself, or possibly from a connection loss somewhere between your PC and the IQFeed data servers.

To start, please exit NinjaTrader, then reboot your modem, router, and PC, then restart NinjaTrader and see if you still see the same behavior. If you do, please let me know, and I can walk you through a series of connection tests to try to spot the source of the issue.
    Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply.

Other software (MTPredictor) was connected to IQFeed at the same time and did not lose connection, ticks were coming into MTPredictor all the time while Ninja 8 was having its connection then disconnection issues, so it was not a problem with my Internet connection nor with the IQFeed connection, hence my post.

Plus this does not explain why the Status was still showing green and showing "Connected" when Nina has stopped updating its chart.

Comment

Hello,

The status remaining green was most likely the result of the disconnect handling for the connection. The platform will wait a certain amount of time before changing that color and truly recognizing the disconnection, and this can be up to several minutes, in my experience.
        Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by r68cervera, Today, 05:29 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post r68cervera  
        Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes