Collapse

[Request] - ChartTrader access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We'd recommend using an AddOn, otherwise you could find yourself throwing off internal operations.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

I've changed the Button.Click event to a Button.MouseDown event.. Seems the middle and right button events work.. But NOT the MouseButton.Left. The same thing occurs no matter how or where you use the button.. Could you please check this please.

Attached Files
      -=Edge=-
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - High Tech Trading Analysis

Comment

Originally posted by -=Edge=- View Post
        I've changed the Button.Click event to a Button.MouseDown event.. Seems the middle and right button events work.. But NOT the MouseButton.Left. The same thing occurs no matter how or where you use the button.. Could you please check this please.
        Did this get lost or forgot about? I'm specifically asking why the left click doesn't work (middle and right do) when creating a button.MouseDown event..

Code:
         [COLOR=#0000ff]private[/COLOR] [COLOR=#0000ff]void[/COLOR] [COLOR=#080808]SampleButton_MDClick[/COLOR]([COLOR=#0000ff]object[/COLOR] [COLOR=#080808]sender[/COLOR], [COLOR=#080808]MouseButtonEventArgs[/COLOR] [COLOR=#080808]e[/COLOR])
         {
        [COLOR=#008000]     /////////////[/COLOR][COLOR=#008000]   Left Button Click Is NOT Working!!!! [/COLOR][COLOR=#008000]///////////////////////
        [/COLOR][COLOR=#0000ff]     if[/COLOR]([COLOR=#080808]e[/COLOR].[COLOR=#080808]ChangedButton[/COLOR] == [COLOR=#080808]MouseButton[/COLOR].[COLOR=#080808]Left[/COLOR] && [COLOR=#080808]e[/COLOR].[COLOR=#080808]ButtonState [/COLOR]== [COLOR=#080808]MouseButtonState[/COLOR].[COLOR=#080808]Pressed[/COLOR]) 
              {
         [COLOR=#080808]          Print[/COLOR]([COLOR=#b22222]"CT Left Button is working"[/COLOR]);
              }

[COLOR=#0000ff]     if[/COLOR]([COLOR=#080808]e[/COLOR].[COLOR=#080808]ChangedButton[/COLOR] == [COLOR=#080808]MouseButton[/COLOR].[COLOR=#080808]Right[/COLOR] && [COLOR=#080808]e[/COLOR].[COLOR=#080808]ButtonState[/COLOR] == [COLOR=#080808]MouseButtonState[/COLOR].[COLOR=#080808]Pressed[/COLOR]) 
              {
         [COLOR=#080808]          Print[/COLOR]([COLOR=#b22222]"CT Right Button is working"[/COLOR]);
              }

[COLOR=#0000ff]     if[/COLOR]([COLOR=#080808]e[/COLOR].[COLOR=#080808]ChangedButton[/COLOR] == [COLOR=#080808]MouseButton[/COLOR].[COLOR=#080808]Middle[/COLOR] && [COLOR=#080808]e[/COLOR].[COLOR=#080808]ButtonState[/COLOR] == [COLOR=#080808]MouseButtonState[/COLOR].[COLOR=#080808]Pressed[/COLOR])
              {
         [COLOR=#080808]          Print[/COLOR]([COLOR=#b22222]"CT Middle Button is working"[/COLOR]);
              }
         }
        -=Edge=-

Comment

Based on what I'm seeing, it seems that the left mouse down event is suppressed within Button.MouseDown. I was able to modify your code by adding a second event handler, PreviewMouseLeftButtonDown, which captured only the left click:

Code:
          sampleButton.PreviewMouseLeftButtonDown += SampleButton_LeftClick;

sampleButton.MouseDown += SampleButton_MDClick;

private void SampleButton_LeftClick(object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
                  {
                      Print("CT Left Button is working");
                  }

private void SampleButton_MDClick(object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
          		{	
          			if(e.ChangedButton == MouseButton.Right && e.ButtonState == MouseButtonState.Pressed) 
          			{
          				Print("CT Right Button is working");
          			}

if(e.ChangedButton == MouseButton.Middle && e.ButtonState == MouseButtonState.Pressed)
          	        {
          				Print("CT Middle Button is working");
          		}
          		}
          Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dave View Post
            Based on what I'm seeing, it seems that the left mouse down event is suppressed within Button.MouseDown. I was able to modify your code by adding a second event handler, PreviewMouseLeftButtonDown, which captured only the left click:
            Adding a second handler for several dozen buttons would not be very efficient.. But since I now know that the left mouse down is being suppressed and not a bug, just changing the MouseDown to PreviewMouseDown seems to work fine as one handler for all 3 buttons.

Thanks

-=Edge=-

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
              The menu item was moving to another visual tree when collapsed. This scenario will be fixed in B3 where the extension method has been updated to find the menu item if it is collapsed.
              This was a response to post #12 and was fixed in B3-B5... In B6 this seems to be broke again..

-=Edge=-

Comment

Quote:
                Originally Posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew
                The menu item was moving to another visual tree when collapsed. This scenario will be fixed in B3 where the extension method has been updated to find the menu item if it is collapsed.

Originally posted by -=Edge=- View Post
                This was a response to post #12 and was fixed in B3-B5... In B6 this seems to be broke again..

Can this be confirmed that this somehow got broke in B6?

-=Edge=-

Comment

No, I cannot reproduce based on the scenario in that post.

To test, I amended the indicator posted in #12 with the new chart trader automation id, "ChartWindowChartTraderControl" and I do not get any error sand works regardless of how the buttons are displayed.

Exactly where in the script is this logic breaking for you in B6?
                  Attached Files
                  MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

No, I cannot reproduce based on the scenario in that post. To test, I amended the indicator posted in #12 with the new chart trader automation id, "ChartWindowChartTraderControl" and I do not get any error sand works regardless of how the buttons are displayed.

Exactly where in the script is this logic breaking for you in B6?
                    I guess I should have been a bit more specific.. Yes, this example works fine.. and all the menuitems seem to work fine.. Try casting "ChartWindowPropertiesButton" or any of the other buttons and I get the null reference when they are not visible in the toolbar..

Edit: Not Visible
                    Last edited by -=Edge=-; 11-05-2015, 08:23 AM.
                    -=Edge=-

Comment

No, I cannot reproduce based on the scenario in that post. Exactly where in the script is this logic breaking for you in B6?
                      Please Test This..

Initially load this sample script with all toolbar items visible and an output window open.. Then do reload ninjascript couple times.. All is well.. (No Printed Output)

Now reduce the size of your chart horizontally so that the properties button is no longer visible and reload ninjascript again. The button now comes back null..

Although the menu items seem to all work fine when in the overflow, any/all of the buttons come back null.. Is this a bug, or am I possibly doing something wrong?

Attached Files
                      -=Edge=-

Comment

Hello,

I just wanted to provide an update on this thread.

We were able to see this on our end as well and are currently looking into the cause.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
                        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Just tryied to apply some code from that thread and looks like version 8.0.0.9 64-bit I have installed turns to be unresponsive when it rich the line
                          Code:
                          chartTrader = Window.GetWindow(ChartControl.Parent).FindFirst("ChartWindowChartTrader") as ChartTrader;
                          To be more correct the chart becomes unresponsive at all and the only way to close it is to kill the ninjatrader process in the task manager.
                          Does anybody use that? Does it work for you?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

Is there further context to this single line or mainly is a Dispatcher being used? If so are you using BeginInvoke or Invoke? There have been changes recently that may cause a "deadlock" when Invoke is used instead of BeginInvoke. Could you check that this is not the case?

I see in the prior sample provided Invoke is used, so that would need to change to BeginInvoke to prevent this from occurring.

Comment

Hi Jesse,

Thank you for your help. It was Invoke and changing it to BeginInvoke resolved the issue with deadlocking. But now chartTrader is always null. Probably Automation ID is no longer ChartWindowChartTrader. Not sure how to find out that.
                              I know that I am on unsupported area so will be greatful for any help or advise!
                              P.S. I have attached the sample I used
                              Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

It looks like you are missing the word "Control" from the string, it would be:
                                ChartWindowChartTraderControl
                                It appears the thread has had the incorrect automation id posted, but in the prior example on post #23 it seems to be correct.

Please use:

Code:
                                chartTrader = Window.GetWindow(ChartControl.Parent).FindFirst("ChartWindowChartTraderControl") as ChartTrader;
                                As a side note, if you are curious on how to find automation ids, there is a tool but unfortunately it requires that the windows 8.1 sdk be installed which is rather large.

Learn how to use Inspect, a Windows-based tool that can select any UI element and view its accessibility data.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
                                5 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                                Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:00 AM
                                1 response
                                0 likes