Install not completing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Install not completing

I am attempting to install NT8 on virtual Windows 8.1 Pro x84 machine.

The install hangs with the progress bar at around 85% complete. The windows installer process is not consuming any CPU resources according to Task Manager.

Hello noetus,

Thank you for contacting us to report the issue.

Were you able to overcome this installation issue? I ask as I see that you have created another thread which deals with a post-installation question.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I was not able to complete the install (after waiting a very long time I terminated the install process from Task Manager; the process was not using any CPU resources at this point). I also installed NT8 on a physical machine without issues, hence the questions in the other threads.

I would still like to complete the install on the virtual machine. Is there a troubleshooting procedure I can follow?

Comment

Hello noetus,

Thank you for getting back to me.

Could you please try the installation again? When installing please make sure that installation confirmation dialog windows are not preventing the installation from moving forward. Additionally, please ensure that your remote tool can properly display Windows User Account Control (UAC) windows.

Comment

Tried running the install routine again, was asked whether I wanted to repair or remove NT8, chose repair.

Install wouldn't continue until I had terminated all the previous install processes (some were still running - didn't know there was more than one).

Tried again with the 'repair' option and this time install completed successfully. Can't tell you what went wrong the first time - UAC is disabled on that system (set to lowest level) and it was a fresh boot of the system, so nothing else was running to obscure windows, etc.

Comment

Hello noetus,

I'm glad to hear that you were able to overcome the issue.

It is likely, based on the information that you provided, that multiple instances of the installer were running resulting in interference. I will do some additional testing here to see if I am able to recreate the issue based on this.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
            16 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post samish18  
            Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes