Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Year not visible on Chart

I typically use multi-year charts.

With NT7 I could easily see which year I am in. I always found it a bit annoying and clunky that it wasn't displayed with the month and day at the bottom of the chart (at least once across the bottom of the chart somewhere) and that I had to glance upwards to the chart window title to see it. But at least I could see it.

On NT8 there is no year displayed as far as I can see anywhere. So while I can see that I am in March across the bottom, I have no idea in which year and I have to go and open the Data Box to see it - a pretty clunky work-around.

Can you have the date YEAR also displayed discreetly somewhere, perhaps in the bottom right corner of the legend (there is lots of space)?

Hello noetus,

I am not sure if you refer to the regular data box or mini data box. You can quickly check what year it is using the mini data box. Just click and hold your scroll wheel (middle mouse button) and a small window shows what year it is. If this is not sufficient, please let me know and I will forward a feature request to development.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by noetus View Post
      I typically use multi-year charts.

With NT7 I could easily see which year I am in. I always found it a bit annoying and clunky that it wasn't displayed with the month and day at the bottom of the chart (at least once across the bottom of the chart somewhere) and that I had to glance upwards to the chart window title to see it. But at least I could see it.

On NT8 there is no year displayed as far as I can see anywhere. So while I can see that I am in March across the bottom, I have no idea in which year and I have to go and open the Data Box to see it - a pretty clunky work-around.

Can you have the date YEAR also displayed discreetly somewhere, perhaps in the bottom right corner of the legend (there is lots of space)?
      noetus, actually there is a way to show it. You have to turn it on in the Chart Properties.
      Attached Files

Comment

Does this help? (Sorry can't verify if year is there but i think it is).
        Or is this what you're using?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
          Hello noetus,

I am not sure if you refer to the regular data box or mini data box. You can quickly check what year it is using the mini data box. Just click and hold your scroll wheel (middle mouse button) and a small window shows what year it is. If this is not sufficient, please let me know and I will forward a feature request to development.
          I have shown neotus where to enable it.

It still feels clunky to me. I prefer the NT7 method, where I do not have to enable anything. I can just see it.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello koganam,

I will forward the suggestion to plot the date including the year in the chart header like NinjaTrader 7. Thank you for your feedback.

Comment

I will forward the suggestion to plot the date including the year in the chart header like NinjaTrader 7. Thank you for your feedback.
              How about a "user selectable option" to display it in the premenu just to the right of the chart icon.. But probably needs to be an option with visiable checkbox property, as your header is now the toolbar as well, and space might end up being a precious commodity.. Maybe something like this?

Attached Files
              -=Edge=-
              NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - High Tech Trading Analysis

Comment

Hello Edge,

Thank you for your feedback as well. I will forward the suggestion to plot the date range in the chart header which can be turned on or off.

Comment

Hello Edge,

Thank you for your feedback as well. I will forward the suggestion to plot the date range in the chart header which can be turned on or off.
                  Why not make all features in the chart header optional in a drop down check box selector menu?
                  RJay
                  NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Innovative Trading Solutions

Comment

Hello RJay,

Thank you for your input regarding enhancing NinjaTrader. I will forward this suggestion to our development staff.
                    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you - I did not know about the 'show date range' option and this fixes the problem.

I think it would be slightly more useful if displayed in the bottom left corner (where the (c) 2015 Ninjatrader text now is) rather than the top left, as that would put it together with the month/day date range on the chart.

Could that be added as a feature request?

Comment

I will forward the suggestion to display the date in the bottom left corner to development. Thank you for your feedback.

Comment

The suggestion is present in the list of possible future enhancements and is assigned to SFT-453. We added your vote.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post maybeimnotrader  
                          Started by quantismo, Today, 05:13 PM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes