Tick Replay bugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tick Replay bugs

When tick replay enabled on ES 06-15 , the CQG connection can't load historical data, if the tick replay is disabled the data load properly.

When a strategy use another indicator for calculation - and the tick replay is enabled - the strategy stop with a "
    A hosted indicator tried to load additional data. All data must first loaded by the hosting NinjaScript in its configure state.
    " error.
    When the tickreplay is disabled , the strategy run as expected.
    Attached Files

Thanks for the report. When you have tick replay enabled, the primary series is built from that tick data as well, so if there are any issues loading tick data, there could be gaps. I'm not sure why you had issues during that period however.

So we can get a better picture of what occurred in your screen shots and how to proceed, can you please send us your log and trace files to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com

For your strategy/indicators, can you please clarify if you're using AddDataSeries() from either of those?

Thanks.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hello Matthew,

There is no AddDataSeries in the used strategy or in the indicator.

I just found that the builtin Sample Ma Crossover strategy drop the same error:
      "A hosted indicator tried to load additional data. All data must first loaded by the hosting NinjaScript in its configure state."
      (ES 09-15, CQG connection,Tick Replay enabled)

dotnet

Comment

Regarding that error, can you reproduce with steps? Are you running from a chart, from the strategies grid, or from the strategy analyzer?

What is the primary input series for the Sample MA Cross over when you received this error? Minute, tick, range, etc? What date range / how many bars to load are you running this on?

For your initial report: are you consistently seeing where When tick replay enabled, the CQG connection can't load historical data?

Comment

10 day to load , 15 min timeframe, ES 09-15, sample ma crossover strategy with default parameters added from the chart window, cqg connection.
          The error message is 100% consistent, it show up right away when the strategy is enabled from the control center.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello dotnet,

Thank you for your patience.

We are unable to reproduce this on our end. Would you mind scheduling a support call with us to look into this matter further? If you would not mind, please send us a note to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with this thread in the body of the e-mail: "http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum/showthread.php?p=416844"

Comment

I don't have NT8 but have they sped up the market replay feature past 500, I was kinda hopeing for more like 3 bars per second or something replay. Just a questions.
              Last edited by cbc00; 07-15-2015, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cbc00 View Post
                I don't have NT8 but have they sped up the market replay feature past 500, I was kinda hopeing for more like 3 bars per second or something replay. Just a questions.
                Yes, it goes to 1000 then a max setting ..

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
                  Yes, it goes to 1000 then a max setting ..
                  Max setting? Whats that? 1000 should be ok tho. 500 is just a tiny bit sluggish for 15 mins bars.

Thanks Sledge. U should work for NT

Comment

Originally posted by cbc00 View Post
                    Max setting? Whats that? 1000 should be ok tho. 500 is just a tiny bit sluggish for 15 mins bars.

Thanks Sledge. U should work for NT
                    Max setting will playback the bars at the maximum speed your hardware is capable of.

Comment

How cool is market replay? I've just downloaded ZF for the whole of 2014 and I'm going to sit up and watch it all night

Comment

current status

This is what happens on newly installed windows 10 and nt8 b3: http://screencast.com/t/k3LFpJqMZcb

trace:

2015-07-17 13:54:24:908 (My CQG) Cbi.Account.AccountItemCallback: account='Sim101' accountItem=BuyingPower currency=UsDollar value=*****
                        2015-07-17 13:54:24:919 (My CQG) Cbi.Account.AccountItemCallback: account='Sim101' accountItem=CashValue currency=UsDollar value=*****
                        2015-07-17 13:54:27:009 Cbi.Instrument.RequestBars (to Provider): instrument='ES 09-15' from='07/17/2015 13:00:00' to='07/17/2015 23:59:59' period='1 Tick'
                        2015-07-17 13:54:30:397 Cbi.Instrument.RequestBars (to Provider): instrument='ES 09-15' from='07/16/2015 19:00:00' to='07/16/2015 23:59:59' period='1 Tick'
                        2015-07-17 13:54:32:212 Cbi.Instrument.RequestBars (to Provider): instrument='ES 09-15' from='07/17/2015 13:00:00' to='07/17/2015 23:59:59' period='1 Tick'
                        2015-07-17 13:55:12:508 ERROR: A hosted indicator tried to load additional data. All data must first loaded by the hosting NinjaScript in its configure state.
                        2015-07-17 13:55:12:535 Gui.Chart.ChartPanel.OnRender: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Comment

Hello dotnet,

Thank you for your post.

At this time Windows 10 is unsupported. When Windows 10 is fully released we will be testing it before it becomes supported. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Comment

Originally posted by dotnet View Post
                            Hello Matthew,

There is no AddDataSeries in the used strategy or in the indicator.

I just found that the builtin Sample Ma Crossover strategy drop the same error:
                            "A hosted indicator tried to load additional data. All data must first loaded by the hosting NinjaScript in its configure state."
                            (ES 09-15, CQG connection,Tick Replay enabled)

dotnet
                            Did you get a resolution to this issue? What Time Zone are you in and were you trying this later in the day? I just got the error which may be linked to my problem on not being able to view Historical Tick data after Midnight GMT, I am EST with DST so -4 behind GMT, at 8PM I cannot pull historical data any longer until the following day when it heals itself.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post inanazsocial  
                            Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
                            5 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post trilliantrader