Initial NT8 impressions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Initial NT8 impressions

After working with NT8 (Beta 2) for a few days, I wanted to pass along my complements to the NT8 development team on designing a beautiful successor to NT7. In most cases I've tested thus far, the user interface is attractive, intuitive and very smooth.

I was especially interested in testing the new Strategy Analyzer to see the differences brought about by the new processing logic that estimates the likely intrabar price sequence proceeding from the Open (Low reached first or High reached first), and which as a result creates 3 virtual internal bars for processing. Comparing NT7 and NT8 in a backtest of a simple MA crossover strategy with stop loss and profit target exits, NT8 showed an enormous improvement over NT7 in 12 of the 25 trades, where either an exit condition was met on the entry bar (but would have preceded the entry and should have been ignored) or when both the stop loss and the profit target conditions were met on the same bar and the backtest logic had to choose which exit would have most likely been triggered. However I did notice an error in NT8 processing in 3 other trades where an incorrect fill price occurred on a stop entry or exit when there was an Open price that gapped beyond the stop price. I'll report more details on this issue in the "Issues and Bug Reports" forum. The remaining 10 trades were identical for both NT7 and NT8.

Thanks for your feedback! We're glad to hear you're enjoying the improvements on the backtesting engine. We're reviewing your bug report and will follow up with you as needed.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by trilliantrader, 04-10-2024, 09:33 PM
    7 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
    Started by traderqz, Today, 12:06 AM
    5 responses
    0 likes