PNL when Flat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PNL when Flat

Somehow when I'm flat (This is using the Sim) I am getting a multiplier of 100 instead of 50 with the Emini contract. So if I scalp out for 4 ticks on one contract it will show a profit of $100 instead of $50. I checked the contract settings and they seem to be correct. This shows up on the DOM when the box is ticked to show PnL when flat and also under the "Account" tab.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by hothomas; 06-18-2015, 01:19 PM.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Within the Trade Performance window can you please select "Trades ($)" from the Display drop down menu and attach a screen shot of this window so I may look into the issue further.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Can you please test once Beta 3 is released and let me know if you continue to see this behavior.

Comment

Yes I will let you know

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
          Can you please test once Beta 3 is released and let me know if you continue to see this behavior.
          With B3 I'm still experience an issue with the ChartTrader and Account Tabs displaying the wrong PNL when flat, although when running a Trade Performance it does show correctly..

I reset my sim account yesterday and have only taken 2 trades since.. 1 yesterday afternoon which seemed to be ok, but not the 1 today.. Here is what ChartTrader, Accounts, and Trade Performance look like after the trade today..

Attached Files
          -=Edge=-
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - High Tech Trading Analysis

Comment

Yes I will do that. Actually today when I opened NT8 I had a profit of over $6200 showing and I did not take any positions at all??? I will make some notes about what I find when I get the new version and let you know. I tried to take 1 trade in the SIM but got an error message. The profit taking limit order and stop orders were placed but the position was not showing in the DOM or Chart Trader. I just exited and went to NT7 because I don't trust NT8 for orders yet on my live account.

Comment

Originally posted by -=Edge=- View Post
              With B3 I'm still experience an issue with the ChartTrader and Account Tabs displaying the wrong PNL when flat, although when running a Trade Performance it does show correctly..

I reset my sim account yesterday and have only taken 2 trades since.. 1 yesterday afternoon which seemed to be ok, but not the 1 today.. Here is what ChartTrader, Accounts, and Trade Performance look like after the trade today..

Within the Trade Performance window can you please open the Filter and put a check in the Instruments box as referenced in the attached screen shot. Next please Generate a new report and let me know if the PnL matches what is shown within the Chart Trader panel and Accounts tab.
              Attached Files

Comment

Within the Trade Performance window can you please open the Filter and put a check in the Instruments box as referenced in the attached screen shot. Next please Generate a new report and let me know if the PnL matches what is shown within the Chart Trader panel and Accounts tab.
                Looks like it was already that way.. But the Trade Performance window is correct, and displays exactly what should be and was.. it's the ChartTrader and Accounts Tab that somehow are reflecting not even close to the real results..

Attached Files
                -=Edge=-

Comment

Can you please go to the Control Center->Help--Email Support->Subject: Attn Chris Jameson, Ticket 1337328->Expand Other files->put a check next to Database file then Send so I may look into this further.

Comment

Although thinking about this.. As I mentioned, yesterday all 3 did seem to show correctly, but the orders were placed manually on the dom... Todays Sell order was actually placed thru a click of a button from an indicator that generated an OIF sell limit order on the chart.. That OIF order was attached to an existing atm strategy and once it was filled, automatically placed the atm targets and stops on the chart as expected.. When the first target of the atm got filled, I manually move original stop, which subsequently got filled as well... Not sure if that would make a difference or not.. I'll try to do some more testing, but something is off for me for sure..

-=Edge=-

Comment

Can you please go to the Control Center->Help--Email Support->Subject: Attn Chris Jameson, Ticket 1337328->Expand Other files->put a check next to Database file then Send so I may look into this further.
                      Email Sent...

-=Edge=-

Comment

Could you please confirm you received email.. It seems I received 2 different reply's... One from platform support saying

Thank you for your message. This is an auto-generated email to confirm that we received your inquiry. We appreciate the urgent nature of your request and will respond to you promptly.

And another from Mailer-Daemon saying

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
                        recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

[email protected]
                        No such person at this address"

-=Edge=-

Comment

Yes I have received your database file and will follow up as soon as I gather additional information.

Comment

Originally posted by hothomas View Post
                            Yes I will do that. Actually today when I opened NT8 I had a profit of over $6200 showing and I did not take any positions at all??? I will make some notes about what I find when I get the new version and let you know. I tried to take 1 trade in the SIM but got an error message. The profit taking limit order and stop orders were placed but the position was not showing in the DOM or Chart Trader. I just exited and went to NT7 because I don't trust NT8 for orders yet on my live account.
                            Yes please let me know is you continue to see this behavior once you have Beta 3 installed.

Comment

Sorry.. My mistake and not sure how to delete..

-=Edge=-

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post DJ888
                              by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes