Limited Historical Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limited Historical Data

I'm using Rithmic as a data provider through Dorman broker, and I noticed that I am not able to retrieve tick data beyond 5/3/15 for NQ 06-15, as well as some other tickers. I have tried everything from rebuilding the database to manually deleting the db cache and db tick folders for NQ, restarted NT8 several times, etc. and nothing works. I tested on NT7 with the same connection and had no problems getting tick data all the way back to beginning of this year.

Is this because of the change in time resolution? Is there any way to use in NT8 the lower time resolution data from NT7? Is this data actually coming from Rithmic or from NT servers? I see a connection was made to HDS5.NinjaTrader.com/31655 in the log.

If this is expected behavior, may I suggest you display a warning dialog and log a warning message, because this is confusing and has wasted a lot of my time. Currently there is absolutely no indication of anything going wrong, except that data is missing.

This is currently expected for tick data on the NinjaTrader 8 servers- sorry for the trouble.

HDS5.NinjaTrader.com is a NinjaTrader 8 specific server and is also under beta, as a result there may be periods that your histoircal data may be limited or have gaps. We're working on improving these systems.

Appreciate your suggestions.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

So will you eventually have higher timestamp resolution back 180 days or so? Or is the may 3 cutover final?

Comment

Originally posted by dalebru View Post
        So will you eventually have higher timestamp resolution back 180 days or so? Or is the may 3 cutover final?
        No decisions have been made here only because it has not been discussed yet.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I was able to export tick data from NT7 and import it into NT8, but I was wondering if there was any way for me to do this as a batch process. Currently I seem to be limited to exporting and importing individual contracts, which is not very efficient from my point of view.

Comment

You can select multiple files from the import dialog in NT8. Howver you can only export one file at a time in NT7.

There is a migration process which takes places the first time NT8 is ran if it detects NT7 has been installed. If you've already installed NinjaTrader 8 and need to retrigger this migration, you can force this by going to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8\ and opening your config.xml file.

From that file you will find a MigratedNT7 node

Code:
              <MigratedNT7>2015-06-18 13:49:24</MigratedNT7>
            Simply delete this line and save your config.xml file, then restart NinjaTrader 8 and it should ask you if you want to migrate your chart data from NT7.
            MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Christopher_R  
            Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
            166 responses
            0 likes