• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Error Loading Historical Tick Data from IB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error Loading Historical Tick Data from IB

Not sure if this is new to NT8, but I get a pacing violation when trying to download several months of tick data from IB connection. I know that IB has had this pacing rule for many years, but I believe some software has been written to work with it so that errors are not encountered.

Here is the error from the log file:

2015-06-18 13:35:31:336|0|4|Error on requesting bars series: 'Historical data request for 'NQ 06-15' failed: Historical data pacing violation. You will be unable to receive any historical data from Interactive Brokers for 9.94 minutes.'
    The trouble is that I am trying to load this into a chart, and reloading all historical data probably tries reloading all of it instead of picking up where the previous attempt left off. I know I could reduce the date range in my chart or in the historical data manager, but that is a pain.

Thanks for your ideas, I'm checking with development on how we can improve - NTEIGHT-8433
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

There were some significant changes to IB to help reduce the number of pacing violations you can receive. The error you received was as a result of attempting to download historical tick data which IB does not provide. This has been fixed in NTEIGHT-8442.

For the latest on IB Pacing handling, please see this post from our NT8 product manager http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...76&postcount=2
      MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by saeed, Today, 10:20 AM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post koganam
      by koganam

Started by priceisking, Yesterday, 07:44 PM
      1 response