Error Loading Historical Tick Data from IB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error Loading Historical Tick Data from IB

Not sure if this is new to NT8, but I get a pacing violation when trying to download several months of tick data from IB connection. I know that IB has had this pacing rule for many years, but I believe some software has been written to work with it so that errors are not encountered.

Here is the error from the log file:

2015-06-18 13:35:31:336|0|4|Error on requesting bars series: 'Historical data request for 'NQ 06-15' failed: Historical data pacing violation. You will be unable to receive any historical data from Interactive Brokers for 9.94 minutes.'
    The trouble is that I am trying to load this into a chart, and reloading all historical data probably tries reloading all of it instead of picking up where the previous attempt left off. I know I could reduce the date range in my chart or in the historical data manager, but that is a pain.

Thanks for your ideas, I'm checking with development on how we can improve - NTEIGHT-8433
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

There were some significant changes to IB to help reduce the number of pacing violations you can receive. The error you received was as a result of attempting to download historical tick data which IB does not provide. This has been fixed in NTEIGHT-8442.

For the latest on IB Pacing handling, please see this post from our NT8 product manager http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...76&postcount=2
      MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post arvidvanstaey  
      Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
      16 responses
      0 likes