Feature Request - Tab Link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Request - Tab Link

I love the new features of the interval and instrument links on each chart.. (For Example: you create a new chart(window) with 4 tabs(each being a different instruments) and want to change all of them to the same dataseries 60min/15min/1000v or whatever)(set each tab to the same color interval link and change any of the tabs dataseries to change them all..)

I would recommend adding a Tab Link also!

I believe most all customers could benifit from this, especially those with only one or two monitors! Let me give an example.. Take a look at the attached pic.. I have set up several windows of different dataseries and multiple tabs (each tab representing a different Instrument).. I believe this type of approach would be rather common..

The problem is that if I now want to look at the YM charts (second tabs), instead of the cl charts (first tabs) each window is currently on.. I have to go to each window individually and click on the 2nd Tab to see that instrument accross all the windows..

What would be really nice!!! is if I had a tab link on each window.. and set that link to the same color on each window.. That when I clicked on whatever number tab it is.. 1, 2, 3 , 4 whatever.. That every window that is tab linked would also automatically switch to that same tab number..

This way in my example.. I click on second tab of any tab linked window, and now all tabbed linked windows switch to the 2nd tab automatically.. Now I see YM on all my windows.. With One Click!

From NT's standpoint, I think just dealing with the tab number would be more than sufficient.. The user would have to make sure that they have all their instruments set up in the correct tab order (tabs can be dragged and drop in whatever order you want, so this is rather easy).. And if by chance there was not the same number of tabs on a particular window, programmically you'd just skip it..

What a Great Feature I Believe This Would Be!!!

Everyone please chime in here with a response or even a thanks if this feature interest you.. As the higher the interest, the higher the priority a feature requests get..

Attached Files
    Last edited by -=Edge=-; 06-19-2015, 01:15 PM.
    -=Edge=-
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - High Tech Trading Analysis

Great idea,

Just a possible implementation of this without impacting the structure too much of NT8. Maybe create a setting in the Configuration "Sync Tabs". When a tab is clicked on, it sends a message to other windows to select tabs with the same label. So "YM 09-16" clicked on in one window will request all other windows to activate the same named tab if available (otherwise ignored).

Originally posted by -=Edge=- View Post
    I love the new features of the interval and instrument links on each chart.. (For Example: you create a new chart(window) with 4 tabs(each being a different instruments) and want to change all of them to the same dataseries 60min/15min/1000v or whatever)(set each tab to the same color interval link and change any of the tabs dataseries to change them all..)

I would recommend adding a Tab Link also!

I believe most all customers could benifit from this, especially those with only one or two monitors! Let me give an example.. Take a look at the attached pic.. I have set up several windows of different dataseries and multiple tabs (each tab representing a different Instrument).. I believe this type of approach would be rather common..

The problem is that if I now want to look at the YM charts (second tabs), instead of the cl charts (first tabs) each window is currently on.. I have to go to each window individually and click on the 2nd Tab to see that instrument accross all the windows..

What would be really nice!!! is if I had a tab link on each window.. and set that link to the same color on each window.. That when I clicked on whatever number tab it is.. 1, 2, 3 , 4 whatever.. That every window that is tab linked would also automatically switch to that same tab number..

This way in my example.. I click on second tab of any tab linked window, and now all tabbed linked windows switch to the 2nd tab automatically.. Now I see YM on all my windows.. With One Click!

From NT's standpoint, I think just dealing with the tab number would be more than sufficient.. The user would have to make sure that they have all their instruments set up in the correct tab order (tabs can be dragged and drop in whatever order you want, so this is rather easy).. And if by chance there was not the same number of tabs on a particular window, programmically you'd just skip it..

What a Great Feature I Believe This Would Be!!!

Everyone please chime in here with a response or even a thanks if this feature interest you.. As the higher the interest, the higher the priority a feature requests get..

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

I have submitted your suggestion to our development team and will follow up as soon as a tracking number has been assigned.
      Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This feature request can be tracked with ID # SFT-469.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NJA_MC View Post
          Great idea, Just a possible implementation of this without impacting the structure too much of NT8. Maybe create a setting in the Configuration "Sync Tabs". When a tab is clicked on, it sends a message to other windows to select tabs with the same label. So "YM 09-16" clicked on in one window will request all other windows to activate the same named tab if available (otherwise ignored).
          Thanks, I actually thought this would be something a ton of people would want.. Could almost replace using multiple workspaces if we had this capability.. I didn't mention anything about the tab names, as just thought that some might actually name them different with the dataseries or what not, but however the easy way for NT to implement would be ok for me..

Although I believe there will have to be quite a bit more response and/or show of interest for this to get the proper attention of being added as a new feature..

-=Edge=-
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - High Tech Trading Analysis

Comment

I think this is a unique and good idea. I also think many testers will read these feature suggestions/requests and think "Good idea", and then move on. I know I am very guilty of that.
            eDanny
            NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Think this is a great suggestion too, was just switching between tabs and thought how it would be much easier this way and after searching through the forum found it had already been suggested!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by RookieTrader, Today, 07:41 AM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
              Started by kujista, Today, 05:44 AM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB