• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Error Cursor Erratic and Freezes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error Cursor Erratic and Freezes

I have been having trouble with the cursor all day. At one Point I was able to clear the issue by switching from crosshairs to pointer and back. However when opening Ninja after hours I just happened to notice this error entry in the log on Power up referencing the crosshairs.

Error in realtime market data handling: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.at NinjaTrader.Gui.Chart.ChartControl.UpdateGlobalCro sshairNow(GlobalCrosshairChangedEventArgs e)at NinjaTrader.Gui.Chart.ChartControl.<>c__DisplayCla ss1fd.<OnRealtimeDataTimerTick>b__1f8()at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(Action callback, DispatcherPriority priority, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TimeSpan timeout)at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(Action callback)at NinjaTrader.Gui.Chart.ChartControl.OnRealtimeDataT imerTick(Object s, EventArgs e2)at NinjaTrader.Cbi.Instrument.<>c__DisplayClass9d.<On RealtimeDataTimerElapsed>b__9a(SubscribedThread[] threads, Int32 i, RealtimeEvents evts)

~j

Hello,

This sounds like either some kind of corruption in NinjaTrader's core program files, or perhaps something going wrong in the Microsoft .NET Framework.

As a first step to troubleshoot this, please uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader via the steps below (you will not lose your workspaces, templates, strategies, or other user settings in this process).
    • Close all running applications.
    • Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.
    • From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 7 and click Remove.
    • Reboot your machine.
    • Once these steps are completed, download NT7 from the link below:

Download

Please let me know if you are still seeing the same issue after the reinstall.
    Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Don't you mean ninja trader 8? Or is this an NT7 problem in the wrong forum?

Comment

Originally posted by dalebru View Post
        Don't you mean ninja trader 8? Or is this an NT7 problem in the wrong forum?
        Right Forum, Wrong Response. I am running NT8

~J

Comment

Ok, So I went thru all the gyrations , uninstalled NT8 , Reinstalled NT8 , Rebooted and Got the same Log error.

What Now
          J~

Comment

I switched to "Local" instead of Global and I do not get the log
            Error on Startup.

Comment

Thank you for letting us know. I will test the global crosshair a bit further and see if I can replicate the odd behavior or the error message.
              Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by tonynt, Today, 12:39 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post tonynt
              by tonynt

Started by Martyb, 06-13-2019, 05:14 AM
              10 responses