Account Data - Template Options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Account Data - Template Options?

When using the Account Data dialog to edit strategies, I don't seem to be able to find the "Template" option to Load & Save. It would be nice to be able to do this, when working with a strategy on a chart this option is available.

Hello NJA_MC,

I was able to confirm this behavior as well.

When adding a new strategy to the Strategies tab of the Control Center the templates link is available. When editing a strategy on the Strategies tab the templates link is not available.

I have forwarded this as a feature request to add to NinjaTrader 8. It will be up to the developers to decide to implement this.

Please let me know if you feel that the design has anything else that logically seems to be missing.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This is the only post I could find on template in nt8 related to strategies.

Something happened in my nt8b5 playback-mr run last night. Account preformed data report showed $94k in profit, until I turned off the template in filter,then I was closer to expected results of $15k.

I don't recall doing anything different other than adding my strategies fresh from scratch and taking default options.

Will rerun and look for this option and compare with b3 and b4.

Comment

Hello sledge,

The templates I was referring to can be seen in the lower left corner of the Strategies window (when right-clicking a chart and selecting Strategies) when a strategy instance is selected in this window and from the Strategy Analyzer window. Is this the same strategy template you are referring to?

If not, you could you take a screenshot of the template you are referring to?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
          Hello sledge,

The templates I was referring to can be seen in the lower left corner of the Strategies window (when right-clicking a chart and selecting Strategies) when a strategy instance is selected in this window and from the Strategy Analyzer window. Is this the same strategy template you are referring to?

If not, you could you take a screenshot of the template you are referring to?
          Here we go.

A+B != A+B in this case.

edit: It's almost a factor of 6 (# of even trades in template+strategy). (the middle "template strategy" was not run and produces no additional amounts in any case).

edit 2: Yup - I see 6 of each trade in the Executions ($). I'm guessing a cartesian join

edit 3: which makes sense - there are 6 instrument months...

edit 4: removing each contract month is reducing my grand total from 99k by about the 15k of my strategy total......
          Attached Files
          Last edited by sledge; 09-22-2015, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Hi sledge,

We are discussing the parameters settings being saved with a template when adding a strategy to the Strategies tab of the Control Center.

This template is not visible in the Trade Performance window as this selects settings.

The template seen in the Trade Performance window is an AtmStrategy template or the Strategy name if the orders was placed by a NinjaScript strategy.

This does not seem related to the current thread and may be best added to a new thread.

That said, the screenshots show that when you have a particular template checked you get some values, when no template is checked you get no values, and when you have a 3rd template checked you get different values.

This is expected. With different templates checked, you are only going to see orders made by that strategy or with that AtmStrategyTemplate.

Comment

I don't think it's correct. I'll open a new one.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post CortexZenUSA  
              Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes