Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Analyzer Issues

I'd like to be able to use Market Analyzer for End of Day/After hours use

I'm not a day trader and I'd like to be able to do a send to chart and have it default to daily interval rather than a minute.

I also have a problem in that the Send to Chart option is it does not use my default chart template so I have to load it manually right after the chart opens.

The biggest issue though is that it doesn't populate data in any of the columns... I'm not sure if this is something I'm doing wrong or a lack of understanding on how it works or what. I would expect columns like Bid/Ask not to work but I do expect Last Close and PE Ratio columns to work.

Please advise me if I'm missing something like a start or run command.

Hello LorneCash,

Thanks for your post.

The Market Analyzer window is a high powered quote sheet that enables real-time market scanning of multiple instruments based on your own custom criteria. You can use the Market Analyzer to display indicator, market and trade data in a highly customizable manner.

To use the Market analyzer you would need a real-time datafeed.

Using the Send to Chart option is one way to chart an instrument row shown in the Market Analyzer. Alternatively you can create a chart that meets your needs and use the linking feature to link the Market analyzer to that particular chart. When you left mouse click on a row in the Market Analyzer, the linked chart will change to show that particular instrument on the chart style and indicators you prefer. This is true for both NinjaTrader 7 and Ninjatrader 8. Linking is accomplished by the using the color square (NT8) next to the "Minimize" button on each window and matching the color between two or more Ninjatrader windows (in NT7 it is the "L" button in the same location).
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok so I now understand better what Market Analyzer is but in that case I feel there is a rather large gap in the NT product in that there is no stock screener. (Again correct me if I'm wrong)

I would like to suggest that you add a stock screener as an enhancement request. I also feel that this would be a very simple imlementation becaue the Market Analyzer already does everythign you would need so it could be the same thing but only work with end of day data. I love writing my custom indicators and I want to be able to screen the entire market based on my indicators combined with standard indicators and fundamental data.

Comment

Originally posted by LorneCash View Post
        Ok so I now understand better what Market Analyzer is but in that case I feel there is a rather large gap in the NT product in that there is no stock screener. (Again correct me if I'm wrong)

I would like to suggest that you add a stock screener as an enhancement request. I also feel that this would be a very simple imlementation becaue the Market Analyzer already does everythign you would need so it could be the same thing but only work with end of day data. I love writing my custom indicators and I want to be able to screen the entire market based on my indicators combined with standard indicators and fundamental data.
        Market Analyzer is a stock screener. in fact, that is pretty much its raison d'etre. You put in your conditions; you put in your watchlist; and it tells you what you want to know. Heck, it can even hide the rows that you do not want to see, without actually deleting the symbols from the watchlist. You have a dynamic watchlist the filters only the instruments that meet your conditions.

Your watchlist can be the whole universe of stocks if you want, provided of course, that your data feed allows you so many instruments.

Comment

Not all data provider provide fundamental data for all instrument types, so you may see situations where those columns will be empty. For us to better assist, can you clarify who you are using for data and what instruments you're checking for the LastClose or PE Ratio columns?
          MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

I'm using the default Kinetick Free one. and I also added google finance and yahoo finance but those don't seem to have as much data as Kinetick.

I know Kinetick provides end of day data so I would think that it wouldn't have a problem showing me last close but the previous REP said that it will only work if it's got a live data feed. Why would I need a Live data feed to see the previous day's close. That's really my point.

Comment

The Kinetick EOD connection does not have access to any MarketData or Fundamental data events, which includes values like ask/bid/last close. It will only be used for bar data.

However if you need last close, you can always add an SMA indicator with the Period set to 1 on Daily data, and change the Calculate mode to OnPriceChange and it should provide you at least that information.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-06-26_0933.png
Views:	1
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	873878

Comment

Thank you for that I now understand how I can use this successfully however this is extremely non-intuitive.

Also for anyone reading this Google Finance (Free) does have fundamental data for:
                Average Daily Volume
                Beta
                Earnings Per Share
                Market Capitalization
                Percent Held by Institutions
                Price Earnings Ratio

What I'd really like if for Kinetick to provide fundamental data for free since it's readily available info but assuming that you don't have any control over that...

I would like you to add an enhancement request to either modify columns that can be calculated with End of day data to return a value rather than just beign blank. This would apply to Last Close but also several others. It's really kinda crappy that I have free data available but it's not being used. I'm thinking that this may be able to be done quite easily by changing the Input Series Property from Close to "Close EOD" where the only enhancement needed is to add a copy of all the existing Price type Parameters with "EOD" after them so that it changes how they are determined and therefore how the column is calculated.

Comment

Kinetick does not provide this data without a subscription, which is why it is not readily available on the free EOD connection.

The data you have access to for Free is Bar data, which is not available in those market analyzer columns. A "Close EOD" input series wouldn't work since this only controls the underlying price series using for indicators and it is a bug that this is being displayed for these columns in the first place (thanks for bringing this to my attention).

If you want access to bar data, you would need to setup an indicator column which is a special column type which can access those values. An alternative approach to my suggestion would be to setup an indicator column using the CurrentDayOHL indicator to get the Open/High/Low values, or the PriorOHLC to get the previous close.

Comment

I think maybe you misunderstood my last message.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
                    Kinetick does not provide this data without a subscription, which is why it is not readily available on the free EOD connection.
                    I Understand this which is why I wrote "What I'd really like if for Kinetick to provide fundamental data for free since it's readily available info but assuming that you don't have any control over that..." My point being that there is tons of fundamental data available for free on the internet through Yahoo Finance, Google Finance and many other sites. And the best solution is my mind would be for you to petition Kinetick to change their policy and start sharing fundamental data for free.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
                    The data you have access to for Free is Bar data, which is not available in those market analyzer columns. A "Close EOD" input series wouldn't work since this only controls the underlying price series using for indicators and it is a bug that this is being displayed for these columns in the first place (thanks for bringing this to my attention).
                    I understand what you're saying here but here's where I think you missed my point. I'm a developer so please forgive me if I try to tell you what the solution might be and not just point out the problem, which is what I did in this case. Lst's see if I can be more clear.

The problem is that things like "Average daily volume", "Calendar Year High", "Calendar Year High Date", "Last Close", etc. are all bits of data that can be calculated quite easily using the Free Bar data provided by Kinetick yet all of these columns show blank.

I understand that having these columns as blank may be the intended functionality at the moment but as a customer I find this rather irritating that I have all the information necessary fill the columns and yet they're still empty. This goes back to my initial post where I thought this whole tool was broken. I don't believe this is the perception you want your paying or even your free customers to have. Also I'm not concerned with how I can use this tool right now you already gave me a solution for that. I'm just trying to save some other customers a bit of frustration by asking you to add this change so that being said.

Please add an enhancement request to fill in data for as many columns as is possible with the free data that is available and for columns that are unavailable please make some sort of visual cue to let me know what's happening and why they're not working so that I know that the whole tool isn't broken.
                    Last edited by LorneCash; 07-03-2015, 05:37 AM.

Comment

Hello LorneCash,

Thanks for your feedback and suggestion on how we can improve our product.

We have created the feature request with a tracking number of SFT-483 "Ability for Market Analyzer to populate columns with values calculated from End of Day data".

Comment

I asked for this same thing over 1 year ago. I experienced your same pains of having to create SMAs length 1 to get around it. It seems foolish, if I am only making trades for long term, using EOD bars /data, that I would have to have a real time data feed to be able to do my Market Analitics / screening during the night, which is after market hours, to be able to create my desired orders to be sent in for the next trading day.

John Romero

Comment

Hello John,

Thanks for your post.
                          Your vote on SFT-483 has been added.
                          Thank-you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM