Add Sim Account - Doubles PnL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add Sim Account - Doubles PnL?

I am in the middle of a test so I can't debug this issue, but it appears the Gross Realized PnL for my "additional Sim Account" I had setup for testing a strategy doubles the actual PnL (Loss in this case).

I use NTBrokerage, so I have my "Sim101" account but added another Sim account to keep the PnL separate for the test.

If I total the Strategies "realized" colume it appears to be right around 1/2 the "Gross Realized PnL displayed on the account tab.

If needed I can dig into this further.

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this issue. I'm not seeing the same behavior on my end -- with both the Sim101 account and an added simulation account, I'm seeing strategies' realized PnL properly reflected in the Accounts tab.

Is there anything else that might have come into play when this occurred? Was your strategy using ATM Strategy methods with an ATM that included a shadow strategy applied, for example? Does this issue occur every time that you run a strategy on that second simulation account, or was it a one-off occurrence?
    Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dave View Post
      Hello,

Thank you for reporting this issue. I'm not seeing the same behavior on my end -- with both the Sim101 account and an added simulation account, I'm seeing strategies' realized PnL properly reflected in the Accounts tab.

Is there anything else that might have come into play when this occurred? Was your strategy using ATM Strategy methods with an ATM that included a shadow strategy applied, for example? Does this issue occur every time that you run a strategy on that second simulation account, or was it a one-off occurrence?
      So far it is a one of occurrence. I didn't have an ATM running, but 2 "Strategy" boxes off the Control Center. I may have had a DOM open for a single instrument in the background as well.

I will see if I can reproduce the problem.

Comment

Just an interesting note as I was trying to setup for a test.

My Control Center showed no strategies. I clicked on the tab and duplicated the tab in a new window. A strategy shows in that window! I have tried this a few times and it keeps showing in the duplicate window but not in the Control Center.

I have enclosed a screenshot of what it looks like.

EDIT: I have sent files to platformsupport ticket #1342408
        Attached Files
        Last edited by NJA_MC; 06-25-2015, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the info on the new issue. For the original issue, I discovered that we are currently working on that one, based on feedback from another user, so I've added this thread to the QA report for the ongoing issue.

I'm not able to reproduce the new issue on my end, but I will go ahead and submit it to QA. Just to be thorough, do you remember when you had removed that strategy from the main Strategies tab? Was it right before, or earlier in the day? Or does the duplicate tab show a strategy that had never been applied in the first place?

Comment

I had just rest the database because I can't get the Playback working properly and figured a good clean start would be good.

I entered that strategy to test with "Playback" so I think I was in playback mode.

I then deleted it as I was going to setup the duplicate PnL test. Then copied the STRATEGY tab figuring it needed a second window for it to double.

Comment

Thank you for that info -- that will help me to see if I can replicate those exact conditions to see if I can reproduce the issue.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by ruudawakening, Today, 12:58 AM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
              Started by i019945nj, 12-14-2023, 06:41 AM
              4 responses
              0 likes