Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Initial Thoughts and Suggestions

Hi,

Wanted to post my initial thoughts and suggestions.

Firstly this is an excellent product, the functionality which I wished Ninjatrader 7 had has been incorporated and is a huge upgrade.

• Through using WPF NT8 works perfectly on QHD laptops (Lenovo Yoga Pro 2) where many other trading programs were unusable due to lack of scaling.
    • The fact that we can download historical data from other data providers for playback is a big win.
    • The ability to select different data feeds for instrument types is great (i.e. IQ for equities and IB for forex).
    • The visual design of the program is also improved, whilst functionally this doesn't have a huge effect it's always nice to work with a well-designed GUI.
    • Instrument lists being downloaded from the Ninjatrader server; this saves a lot of hassle!
    • I could go on....

Suggestions:
    • Copy and paste into market analyzer, I have an external program which screens equities and it would be useful to paste these into a market analyzer window so I can link it to a chart and cycle through (maybe there's a way around this but I haven't found it? Also considered creating a add on to read from a text file).
    • You have to specify the historical data range to download on a chart, if when scrolling left NT8 automatically downloaded additional historical data it would be more seamless.

Thanks!

Hello tdouglas,

Thank you for your post.

We are glad you are happy with the product. I will forward your suggestions along to our development team.

Comment

Hello tdouglas,

Originally posted by tdouglas View Post
      Copy and paste into market analyzer, I have an external program which screens equities and it would be useful to paste these into a market analyzer window so I can link it to a chart and cycle through (maybe there's a way around this but I haven't found it? Also considered creating a add on to read from a text file).
      You can double click on an instrument name and then CTRL + V to paste text. You can also take a look at the sample for reading from a text file at the following link: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ead.php?t=3477

Comment

Thanks Patrick although I don't think this is quite what I was aiming for. Desired behaviour is copying a pasting from a list such as

AAPL
        GOOG
        SYMC

in one action rather than individually.

Thanks

Comment

Hello tdouglas,

Thank you for your suggestions on how we can improve our product.

Pasting a list of text into the Market Analyzer, such as a list of instruments has been inserted into our system with the id SFT-486.
          Downloading data as you scroll has been inserted into the system with the id SFT-487.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Aviram Y  
          Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby