Adding Opacity to All Plots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding Opacity to All Plots

Have you guys considered adding opacity as a standard format option to plots or to the color selector? I find I am adding an opacity as a custom property for a lot of my indicators.

Originally posted by GrumpyTrader View Post
    Have you guys considered adding opacity as a standard format option to plots or to the color selector? I find I am adding an opacity as a custom property for a lot of my indicators.
    One of us needs to write a Factory Class for "STROKE" to take care of most of this stuff...

Comment

Or would extension methods work?

Comment

It would be nice if we could have an ability to type in custom color values (including alpha value, 120;255;128;128 for instance) into the color picker filed, like it is possible to do in NT7. Unfortunately the Brush property editor used in NT8 isn't so flexible as Color property editor in NT7

Comment

GrumpyTrader -- SolidColorBrush should allow you to get Opacity with the object. You can find more information about SolidColorBrush at the link below:

leoxander, we have a suggestion already open related to exactly this request, so I'll go ahead and add your vote to the suggestion.
          Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thanks Dave. I know how to create opaque plots. The problem is when I create indicators that it make sense to be opaque, I will generally create a custom property for the user to adjust the opacity level. The problem with doing this is that when you then call that indicator from just a calculation point of view (say for instance SMA(dataseries, length, opacity)) you need to provide the custom property with the opacity setting. It is just a bit messy is all. If it was built in to the plot settings then it can be handled without an opacity property.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dave View Post
            GrumpyTrader -- SolidColorBrush should allow you to get Opacity with the object. You can find more information about SolidColorBrush at the link below:

leoxander, we have a suggestion already open related to exactly this request, so I'll go ahead and add your vote to the suggestion.

Comment

I see what you're saying now. That's a good point -- I will submit a suggestion to our team to add opacity to the UI settings for plots
              Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
              Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes