Beta 3 estimated time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beta 3 estimated time

Have been away for a month and as I would rather avoid duplicating bug reports I wonder if there is any estimate for beta 3 so I could start afresh?

Hello gregid,

Thank you for your post.

At this time, there would not be an estimate of the release date for Beta 3.

Comment

I'd like to gently express my preference for release of beta 3 sooner rather than later. I know it is very tempting to wait until it is "bug-free," but as a beta tester I'd rather not wait too long. Daily or weekly updates would be too often and quarterly would be too slow, but monthly would be the sweet spot, in my humble opinion.

I remember as a beta tester for Visual Studio 2005 how shocked I was that it released OUT of beta with something like 4,538 known bugs (if I recall correctly) -- bugs, not feature requests. I had to wait about a year for a bug I had submitted to be fixed in an update, and the bug was significantly feature-crippling that I simply couldn't use that important-to-me feature during that year. BUT I was happy to have VS 2005 during that year. I feel the same way about NT 8 -- it's a big, significant and important product.

I understand that a few of your beta testers have stepped aside and will stick with NT 7 until NT 8 is ready for prime time. But I hope that won't discourage you from releasing bits earlier and oftener to the rest of us. Most of us are developers ourselves and we understand...

So that is my two cents; treat us as part of your family, and don't be afraid to release betas with a list of known bugs. Thanks for listening.

Comment

I will make an effort to get beta 3 ASAP next week (Week of 7/6). It is pending some internal work we have ongoing that we wanted to get complete prior to releasing beta 3.

Comment

Originally posted by dalebru View Post
          I'd like to gently express my preference for release of beta 3 sooner rather than later. I know it is very tempting to wait until it is "bug-free," but as a beta tester I'd rather not wait too long. Daily or weekly updates would be too often and quarterly would be too slow, but monthly would be the sweet spot, in my humble opinion.

I understand that a few of your beta testers have stepped aside and will stick with NT 7 until NT 8 is ready for prime time. But I hope that won't discourage you from releasing bits earlier and oftener to the rest of us. Most of us are developers ourselves and we understand...

So that is my two cents; treat us as part of your family, and don't be afraid to release betas with a list of known bugs. Thanks for listening.
          It sounds like some overhauls are happening, rather than bug fixes.

I'm sitting tight and waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
            I will make an effort to get beta 3 ASAP next week (Week of 7/6). It is pending some internal work we have ongoing that we wanted to get complete prior to releasing beta 3.
            Hi Brett, any update on this?

Comment

Hello gregid,

Thanks for your reply.

Development is attempting to have this ready and the end of day today. If not today it is expected tomorrow morning.
              BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Beta 3

where do you get the beta 3?
                Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by sonia0101 View Post
                  where do you get the beta 3?
                  Thanks
                  You can find the download for Beta 3 in the "Closed Beta" section of the NinjaTrader 8 Help Guide. A link and login credentials to the Help Guide can be found in the original notification email that you would have received upon being invited to the closed beta.
                  Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by PhillT, Today, 02:16 PM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post PhillT
                  by PhillT

Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
                  3 responses