Collapse

Strategy Analyser eating memory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for the delay in responding, Patrick - I haven't tried using it with built-in strategies, so I'm not sure. And for backtesting and market replay, I've moved back to NT7 (for now) for stability and results reasons. I'll come back to NT8 and test it in a bit, to provide more feedback, but needed to get some testing completed in the meanwhile.

Lots of great things going into NT8, and I'm eager to see NT8 move through the beta phase toward production-ready versions. I know there's a process to that, and I'll contribute as I can with feedback and info like this, so thanks again for your responsiveness and all the promising things NT8 shows so far.

Comment

I would recommend testing the latest release of NT 8 Beta when you have the time as the development team has worked on the Strategy Analyzer recently.

Comment

Can confirm memory leak in NT8 B9. NT8 64-bit becomes unstable at around 4000 MB used. Activities done are backtesting, compiling, opening new strategy analyzer windows from the log to compare summaries, closing them, looking at summary, analysis, and trade tabs, and repeat. Data set is ES, 8 years of 3 range bars.

Comment

Hello honvl,

I want to confirm that you are able to produce this behavior using the built in SampleMACrossOver strategy, is this correct?
          Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have to confirm that there is some memory leak attached to the Strategy Analyzer. It generally occurs after an optimization (or possibly a cancelled optimization). The memory utilization balloons to over 7gb and the UI becomes unresponsive. The weird thing is that it doesn't seem to be tied to any window. I've tried closing all workspaces and just have a the control center running and the memory isn't released.

Comment

Thank you!

Thank you to the guy who has finaly fixed the performance issues with the Strat Analyser/Optimizer in Beta10!

Give him a hug and min 3 beers...

Frank

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by mattbsea, Today, 05:44 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post mattbsea  
              Started by RideMe, 04-07-2024, 04:54 PM
              6 responses