Attaching Objects to each other

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attaching Objects to each other

I think I saw in one of the NT8 demos, that any object can be linked to any other. e.g. to have a trailing stop linked to an SMA or ATR indicator. Is there help docs about this and what is actually possible without code? I'm would like to try to link a control point of the ruler to the close price of the current bar (the current price).

It's called "Attached to indicator" in the product. There is documentation here written for the SuperDOM

We are working on Chart Trader documentation at the moment, but it works the similar to the SuperDOM.

When you have an indicator on the DOM or Chart Trader, and have submitted a pending order selected to modify (left click to pick up the order), you can quickly attach the order to the nearest indicator by pressing holding the CTRL key and then left clicking where the word "Attach" appears". This will provide a dialog to select the desired indicator plot

ATR wouldn't work without custom programming, the attach to indicator needs a price value to work from. You'd need to make an indicator which +/- the ATR value from the desired input series.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post usazencort  
    Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
    5 responses