Connection to IB Gateway Locks up NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connection to IB Gateway Locks up NT8

I'm using IQFeed as datasource and the IBGateway for trading. Everytime I connect to the IB Gateway it locks up NT8. No errors in the Gateway app or NT8. The only thing different is that the gateway runs on a separate machine from the one I'm running NT8 on. NT7 connects no problem.

Hello,

Thank you for alerting us to this issue. I tested this scenario a bit on my end without any trouble, but I would like to do a bit more testing tomorrow to see if I can replicate the issue. I will post here again once I have more information or any questions for you.
    Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

After further testing, I'm not able to reproduce this issue on my end. When I connect to our IQFeed and IB Gateway accounts, NinjaTrader 8 continues to function as normal.

Is there anything else that might be coming into play in this scenario? Are you connected to any other data sources when this occurs? Are you running any strategies or custom scripts when it occurs? Do you see anything odd appear in the Log tab of the Control Center?
      Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hi Dave,
        I think I found the root of the issue. It is something to do with the Default account setting under Options, Automated trading interface, Default account. I had that set as my IB account. When I changed it back to the Sim101 account everything started working again.

I noticed that when everything locked up and I hovered my mouse over the NT8 task bar icons that the chart forms were the ones locked up. My guess is that the charts are having some issue switching to the default account.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Hello,

I just wanted to update the status on this ticket.

I have tested this using B3 and can not reproduce or confirm what you are reporting. I would like to know if there has been any change after updating to B3 regarding this on your end.

If so can you post your findings or please let me know if this still exists on your end?

I look forward to being of further assistance.
          JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jesse
            I still occasionally have NT8 lock up when trying to connect to the IB Gateway. Is there anything I can send you to debug?

Comment

Hello,

Can you tell me what versions of IQ feed and TWS you are using?

If you are not using the current version of TWS and IB Gateway can you update it from the interactive brokers web site?

can you provide a video of this happening showing the steps you are taking that causes the freeze? You can use any video capture of your choice like Jing for example.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
              JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by owensd, 04-21-2024, 11:34 PM
              9 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
              Started by trilliantrader, 04-10-2024, 09:33 PM
              7 responses
              0 likes