Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Options Box "Auto Close Position"?

Hi,

I set the "Auto Close Position" in the Options thinking it would make sure my positions are closed by end of session, but it seems like this feature is with the strategy itself (I haven't tested it). It seems like this feature in the Options box might not be labeled correctly, it seems like what this does is actually Terminate the strategy (Stop) as they become disabled at end of day. So maybe the labels in the Options box need to be updated to reflect what actually happens?

What I wanted is to simply exit 16 mins before session close, but seems like strategy is disabled (not sure if the position was flattened as well, didn't seem like it, but could have been my strategy).
    Attached Files

The feature will terminate any running NinjaScript strategies, attempt to cancel all orders (manual or strategy based), and attempt flatten any open positions. This is the same function as hitting "Flatten Everything".

By the sounds of it, the feature worked as expected, however we'd have to know what your position was by reviewing your log files to see if it did work as designed.

To clarify, were you not expecting it to disable the strategy?
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
      To clarify, were you not expecting it to disable the strategy?
      That is correct, I think it did disable and close (Flatten) the strategy. The issue is the "Auto Close Position - Enable" only sounds like it is going to FLATTEN not disable. So my point is more of the Text describing the feature. It doesn't describe what actually happens. "Disable Strategy & Flatten" seems closer.

I know you guys are not really using the tool tips, but that would be another way to describe in depth what these features do. I know at times it is difficult to know what & how to do something because all you get in the tool-tip is what you can already see on the screen, adds no value, I would recommend disabling tool-tips or adding value to the tool-tip.

Comment

I see your point. We'll look into how we might be to make it more specific
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
        166 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post sidlercom80  
        Started by thread, Yesterday, 11:58 PM
        0 responses
        1 view