Historical Data Download doesn't return

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Historical Data Download doesn't return

BETA3: I have cleared out my historical and replay data to make sure there is no bad data to impact testing of the new release. After manually removing that data, I used the Historical Data LOAD tool with NTBrokerage. It apparently downloaded the data pretty quickly, about 10 Mins or so, but didn't give any indicator it had completed. I finally stopped it when I looked at the logs and in the DB folder to see there was no new file writes.

I have enclosed a copy of that dialog box.
    Attached Files

Hi NJA_MC,

I am unable to reproduce using the futures instrument list.

Can I have a list of the instruments you have in this instrument list?
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
      Hi NJA_MC,

I am unable to reproduce using the futures instrument list.

Can I have a list of the instruments you have in this instrument list?
      Sure, see attached.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi NJA_MC,

I am finding that it takes a very long time to download the tick data.

I'm using the same instrument list, and when I only select 1 day of tick, minute, day, ask, bid, last, it will finish.

Are you able to reproduce downloading a single day? (I tried downloading 05/04/2015)

When you think the download is completed and is still gray, are you seeing that the NinjaTrader process is idling at 0 cpu usage?

Comment

I Just Tried May 4th, and it loaded with no problem. Activity jumped as it was loading took about 2 to 3 minutes. After the data loaded, Memory and CPU usage almost doubled, is there a background task that is managing the saving of this data? That took about 3 to 4 mins before CPU usage dropped back to ~0%.

What I will do it run this tonight to download the data. The CPU usage was 0% last time I tried, so maybe something hung the process after about 10 mins, but seemed like it had downloaded almost 1 GB of data in that time.

Comment

Okay,

I have tried to download the Historical Data again and give it more time. Now I get Exception errors. I have removed all charts so I have just the Control Center and the Historical Download data box. I have had this problem with June 1s through July 27th time frame. I have loaded the latest list of instruments (contracts rolled) as well as a screenshot of the download configuration. I am connected to NTBrokerage.

Here is a sample Exception Error:
            2015-07-27 11:35:07:265 Cbi.Instrument.RequestBars (to Provider): instrument='NQ 06-15' from='05/27/2015 00:00:00' to='06/10/2015 00:00:00' period='1 Minute - Ask'
            2015-07-27 11:35:07:265 Cbi.Instrument.RequestBars (to Provider): instrument='NQ 09-15' from='06/07/2015 00:00:00' to='06/30/2015 23:59:59' period='1 Tick - Bid'
            2015-07-27 11:36:04:357 *************** unhandled exception trapped ***************
            2015-07-27 11:36:04:357 Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
            Parameter name: startIndex
            2015-07-27 11:36:04:357 System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
            Parameter name: startIndex
            at System.BitConverter.ToDouble(Byte[] value, Int32 startIndex)
            at NinjaTrader.Data.BarsSeries.GetBid(Int32 index)
            at NinjaTrader.Data.Bars.GetBid(Int32 index)
            at NinjaTrader.Cbi.Instrument.<>c__DisplayClassd2.<>c __DisplayClassd4.<RequestBars>b__cb(Object o)
            at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(Exec utionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
            at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionCon text executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
            at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System. Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
            at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
            Attached Files

Comment

NJA_MC,

I've narrowed down the issue to coming from the 6J 09-15 last tick data from June 12 to June 14.

(Removing the 6J 09-15 allows the data to download for all the other instruments)

I've got this submitted to development. Thank you for reporting this.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
                NJA_MC,

I've narrowed down the issue to coming from the 6J 09-15 last tick data from June 12 to June 14.

(Removing the 6J 09-15 allows the data to download for all the other instruments)

I've got this submitted to development. Thank you for reporting this.
                Removing 6J did work. Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by ScottWalsh, 04-16-2024, 04:29 PM
                7 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes