Feature Request Load blank Workspace on Startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Request Load blank Workspace on Startup

I would suggest adding a feature were if I hold down the Ctrl Key (or whatever key) during NT startup it does not load any workspaces from the _workspace.xml file.

Currently you need delete that file then you lose the configuration of my default workspaces on startup

Originally posted by James108 View Post
    I would suggest adding a feature were if I hold down the Ctrl Key (or whatever key) during NT startup it does not load any workspaces from the _workspace.xml file.

Currently you need delete that file then you lose the configuration of my default workspaces on startup
    Agreed! It is a pain if you get something setup incorrectly... Good for quick debugging without the need to delete files.

Comment

I would also like to see this. It has happened too often for me.

In fact, what I would like to see is a pop up window for X seconds which would ask, "load the last workspace" or "no workspace".

The X second delay would be user adjustable.

regards,
      taddypole...

Comment

Originally posted by James108 View Post

Or give us a command line option. that way we can create a shortcut for loading in this manner. I do it now with a batch file, but that is really just a kludgy hack.

Comment

Good idea and while we are it I would like to be able to store multiple Groupings of charts ( like the _Workspace.xmi file) and when the pop up displays list the various workspaces I have stored and have the ability to select any combination of them to load ( Ctr Click Shift Click windows convention)

Another desirable feature would be to have folders in the Work space folder so I could have my 8 CL Workspaces in one folder and my 8 ES workspaces in another folder for example

Comment

NinjaTrader 8 has a safe mode option, where holding CTRL while launching the application will trigger the following behavior:

No workspaces loaded
            No auto connect
            No custom assemblies loaded
            No add ons loaded
            No instrument updates from servers

This should allow you to get in and make any adjustments that may have been preventing NinjaTrader 8 from starting.
            MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Mathew that is a nice feature but I am not sure if it satisfies the requirement i mentioned.

In reality I want NT to Start as normal but without loading the default workppace, maybe if you made the above list select-able so I could decide what items get loaded and which do not.

No workspaces loaded
              No auto connect
              No custom assemblies loaded
              No add ons loaded
              No instrument updates from servers

Question, in terms of feature requests is this something that would be best left till a later time?

I am sure the priority is to get what you have working reliably. I have other things i would like to see implemented but it takes some time to think it through and document. I don't want to do this if we are 6 months away form you considering addition of 'nice to haves'

Let me know

Comment

I've added your request to SFT-527.

You've been requesting a lot of functionality and enhancements and just to set your expectations, we are not implementing new features at this time or in the near future. We may be addressing trivial usability concerns, but our priority is working on getting the beta stable and out to the public. New features which would need new specifications are not going to be added until the next major release cycle.

Comment

Thanks Mathew that makes perfect sense, Just to get an idea of the approx timing the next major release cycle is that like a year out or that kinda time frame?

Just trying to get a feel for what to expect in terms of timing of NT8 enhancements.

In terms of trivial usability concerns, would adding new hot keys fall into that category?

I believe the usability could be greatly benefited by this type of change which seems trivial to me but then again I am not a programmer so I don't really know

Appreciate your feedback

thanks

Comment

We do review new feature requests and try to catch which we could consider 'low hanging fruit' in terms of effort and ideally would like to get these requests processed sooner than later. Adding a hot key would fall under this category, but we also need to weigh current development resources in terms of implementing. At this stage, our resources are tied up in bug fixes.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by frslvr, 04-11-2024, 07:26 AM
                    6 responses
                    1 like
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                    Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
                    6 responses
                    0 likes