NT 8.0.0.2 not responding while running NT 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT 8.0.0.2 not responding while running NT 7

I had them both running together OK for a while then NT 8 froze up. The NT8 Ninjatrader.exe *32 process is using 9% of CPU and 164,000K of my 12 gigs of memory and the NT7 NinjaTrader.exe *32 which is not frozen is using 00 to 01% but 500,000K of memory. I'm using an 8 core i7 processor. Here's what my Windows Task Manager looks like. http://screencast.com/t/suWz6cPluqeD

Hi ProfitPilgrim,

Specifically what processes were running on NT7 and NT8 during the time of this crash? Did you have any strategy backtests running, or market analyzers, or charts for example?
    <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

In NT8 I had one, possibly two but not more charts open (es 09-15) and one dynamic DOM open.

In NT 7 I had 12 charts open, and 6 windows associated with the jigsaw trading platform. Nt7 was heavily loaded with indicators such that to open that workspace takes 5 or more minutes, so the system was slow and laboring, but NT7 worked and NT8 was frozen solid with the exception that on two occasions I was able to slightly move the control panel or a window before freezing resumed.

Comment

Hi ProfitPilgrim,

I have been unable to duplicate this on my end. If you wouldn't mind, could you send in your log and trace files from 7/22/15 to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com so I can see if any errors occurred during the time of this crash?

You will be able to locate those in the (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8\trace and (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8\log folder.

Please include the following URL in the body of your message: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=76414
        <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Originally posted by ProfitPilgrim View Post
          I had them both running together OK for a while then NT 8 froze up. The NT8 Ninjatrader.exe *32 process is using 9% of CPU and 164,000K of my 12 gigs of memory and the NT7 NinjaTrader.exe *32 which is not frozen is using 00 to 01% but 500,000K of memory. I'm using an 8 core i7 processor. Here's what my Windows Task Manager looks like. http://screencast.com/t/suWz6cPluqeD
          You know BETA 3 is out since last week? Just checking.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by RideMe, 04-07-2024, 04:54 PM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
          Started by f.saeidi, Today, 08:13 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB