Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cancel Pending after freeze

Hi,
    I was running a strategy that was opened on the strategies tab of the control panel. At the same time, I had a chart open for the same instrument as the strat. Somehow, the control panel froze up but the chart did not. I was able to close the chart by clicking on the X. Control panel, however, remained untouchable. I had an order pending from the strat. I then killed the nt process from the task manager. When I brought NT back up and reconnected, 2 orders showed as cancel pending and I can't get rid of them. After waiting a few minutes I get a dialog box message saying: "Unable to cancel out live orders. Strategy 'MyStratName'' was not started. I hit ok and nothing happened. I tried hitting the cancel button on the strategies tab, but it just ignores it. I'm stuck. Help.
    Thanks ... Ed.

Thanks for posting. Looks like two issues here:

1) The primary issue that caused the control center to freeze up.

2) The downstream issue with stuck orders after you killed NT.

To fix the second item please go to the control center > accounts tab > right click on the Simulation account (If this is Sim101 you are trading) > select "Edit Account". From there select reset in the bottom right corner of the edit account window.

This will clear the stuck orders.

For the primary issue the part to understand is was this a strategy programming issue (Some endless loop that got stuck or otherwise) or a NinjaTrader issue.

Can you send me the logs and traces from the day the control center locked up and let me know about what time the control center locked up and you had to close down.

Go to Control Center > Help > Mail to support and reference this thread and make sure trace and log files are checked.

Thank you.

Comment

Thanks. I sent those files as you requested.

Comment

Hi,
        I had a similar issue, but the cause was different. On the "Exit on session close" event the NT8b5 crashed. After reopen of the program, there were 2 "Cancel submit" and "Cancel pending" orders.
        I've deleted those orders thanks to your guidance. But I can't tell, why NT crashed in the first place. Can you inspect the issue? I have a log and trace file ready to send, if you want.
        EDIT> In trace file there is an OutOfMemoryException. Which is weird, because there is a lot of memory for the application on the computer.
        Last edited by InteRadek; 10-08-2015, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for posting. Can you please send in the trace and logs via the control center > help > Email Support and reference this post.

We will take a look and go from there.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 04:29 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post ScottWalsh  
          Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes