Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horizontal line - properties are applied to the wrong horizontal line

Hello,

I have been using NT 8 for 1-2 days now and I really like it so far Well done guys!

Here's a problem I have run into.

I usually like to draw horizontal lines on the chart and then precisely set the level by editing the line and setting the line's Y anchor value through the "properties" dialog.

This works fine when there is only 1 horizontal line on the chart, but NOT when there are multiple horizontal lines.

See screenshots for an example.

1) I have drawn a horizontal line and set it's Y anchor to 91.5. (NT-001.jpg)
    2) I have added a second horizontal line to the charts (in blue). (NT-002.jpg)
    3) I have right-clicked on the second horizontal line and selected properties in the contextual menu.
    4) #Issue 1: when double-clicking a horizontal line or selecting "properties" through the line's contextual menu, the selected line should be pre-selected in the dialog. (NT-003.jpg)
    5) I have manually selected the horizontal line that I would like to edit (78) and set it's Anchor Y property to 91.2 (NT-004.jpg)
    6) I clicked ok and...
    7) #Issue 2: when editing the properties of a horizontal line, the settings are always applied to the first drawn line on the chart instead of the line selected in the dialog. The properties I have set to "horizontal line 78" have been applied to "horizontal line 77". (NT-005.jpg)

Thank you

Stéphane

Edit: sorry, I have just noticed that I have posted in the wrong forum, please apologize for that.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by esbee; 07-23-2015, 01:27 PM.

Hello Stéphane,

Thank you for reporting this issue. I am so far not able to reproduce this on my end, so it may be resolved. Please verify that you're on the current version (8.0.0.3) via Help > About.

So I may test further, are there any other elements at that may be affecting the process you're taking? For example, are you currently using a saved Chart Template, or using the Horizontal line after editing the default setting at all? Just anything that I am be missing in the reproduction process.

I look forward to your reply.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_EricB; 07-23-2015, 02:01 PM.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Eric,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Yes, I have overridden the default chart template which has:

- Custom colors (black background with orange candles - old school guy here!)
      - A custom indicator that displays a bunch of moving averages

Nothing fancy.

You'll find the template and the .cs file of the indicator in the attached zip file.

Thank you very much for your help.

Stéphane
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Stéphane,

Testing with the saved Chat Template / Indicator combination I was not able to reproduce the issues with the horizontal lines. I also re-created the template myself to see if that might cause what you're experiencing, but was also unsuccessful.

I believe this would be resolved, though if you'd like, feel free to attach a video to make sure I'm not skipping any steps in identifying the error.

Comment

Hi Eric,

Sure. Here's the link to the video:http://screencast.com/t/NCqa9cDHibM

Comment

Thank you for supplying the video.

I've tested this more, alternating setting changes in addition to what was performed in the video and still am unable to reproduce. To verify, please let me know what version you're using via Help > About.
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_EricB; 07-24-2015, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by maybeimnotrader, Yesterday, 05:46 PM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
            Started by NRITV, Today, 01:15 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes