Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninjatrader 8 chart window with additional information

Hi,

I'm really excited about the development of Ninjatrader 8. Ninjatrader 7 was great, but it was a problem that I hope that Ninjatrader 8 would give me the option to fix. I would like to be able to open up one window that I can have my chart available on, be able to enter and modify trades, and be able to see the status of my trades in a single window that is nice and clean. To give you an idea what I'm talking about, think about other trading platforms and they all have all the important stuff available on one window. Maybe Ninjatrader 7 had that feature that I wasn't familiar with. I was wondering if Ninjatrader 8 have that enhanced feature.

Sincerely,

Christopher Williams

Hello Christopher,

You can use ChartTrader in a chart to submit and modify orders just like NinjaTrader 7. You can use the tabs in the Control Center to show trade information. The Orders-tab will show all active orders, the Positions-tab shows open positions and so on.

You relocate these tabs to separate windows now in NinjaTrader 8. Right click the tab in the Control Center and select 'Move to New Window'. This way you can locate these tabs alongside your chart as you like.

In addition, you can open the Account Data window at Control Center-->New. This is similar to the Account Performance-tab in NinjaTrader 7. It is now a separate window by default. You can locate it where you like and use it to generate trade reports.
    Attached Files
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by BernWillChris View Post
      Hi,

I'm really excited about the development of Ninjatrader 8. Ninjatrader 7 was great, but it was a problem that I hope that Ninjatrader 8 would give me the option to fix. I would like to be able to open up one window that I can have my chart available on, be able to enter and modify trades, and be able to see the status of my trades in a single window that is nice and clean. To give you an idea what I'm talking about, think about other trading platforms and they all have all the important stuff available on one window. Maybe Ninjatrader 7 had that feature that I wasn't familiar with. I was wondering if Ninjatrader 8 have that enhanced feature.

Sincerely,

Christopher Williams
      It is possible that you might be using the Direct Edition version of NinjaTrader which is a limited functionality version that strips out Chart Trader.
      RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by mmckinnm, Today, 01:34 PM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
      Started by f.saeidi, Today, 01:32 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes