NT 8 SuperDOM lagging in Price and sticking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT 8 SuperDOM lagging in Price and sticking

During live trading with real money, the NT 8 SuperDOM price is seriously lagging pricing in NT 7 and often the price is sticking making trade executions very difficult. I am using a server with 4 CPUs and 30GB Ram so adequate computer resources isn't the issue. See attached pic
    Attached Files

Another example where price in the NT 8 SuperDOM is seriously lagging the NT 7 price by 3.25pts or 13 ticks...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MadScientist; 07-28-2015, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Thanks for your report. Can you please send us your log and trace files plus any workspaces you were using when you experienced the lag to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com? Please also clarify who you were using for data in NT7 and NT8 so we can try and reproduce.

The next time this occurs, can you also open a Time and Sales window in both NT7 and NT8 and compare the timestamps? For example, do you see you an overall discrepancy in both the SuperDOM and T&S, or is this limited to just the DOM?
      MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Disregard, we have your log/traces from another issue you were working with AlexC on and were able to identify a potential issue with those files.

Comment

Matthew, As suggested, I opened T&S on both NT 7 & NT 8 and as you can see from the attached pic that the NT 8 SuperDOM is lagging; its actually stuck now and not updating at all. The T&S for both NT 7 & NT 8 are both updating but if you were looking carefully at the live screen there's a slight lagging in the NT 8 T&S; I could be wrong. But the NT 8 SuperDOM has definitely stop updating price. Only a restart will via the windows Task Manager will get it working again. I have to restart 5 or 6 times during the trading day because price stops updating in the NT 8 SuperDOM. I have a Kinetic connection for NT 7 and using NT Brokerage for NT 8.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by MadScientist; 07-29-2015, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Thanks, I'm still seeing the messages today which we noticed from your report yesterday. Can you also send us your database file in Documents\NinjaTrader 8\db\NinjaTrader.sdf ?

I appreciate the thorough report in helping us identify this issue.

Comment

Thanks for sending that in. I was able to reproduce the problem with your database file and our development team is looking into exactly what was causing that. We may be reaching out later once they're done with their analysis to help determine why the database got in this state.

In the mean time, you should be able to fix this performance issue by resetting your database. You can do this by disconnecting from your data provider, navigating to Tools-> Database-> expand the Reset DB section and select Reset.

Note: this was just an issue with a historical order, so you only need to to check "Historical orders" - you do need to reset your historical executions. Please see the screenshot for clarification

Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-07-29_1300.png
Views:	1
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	874152

Let us know if this does not resolve, or if you still see issues.
              Last edited by NinjaTrader_Matthew; 07-29-2015, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post chbruno
              by chbruno

Started by josh18955, 03-25-2023, 11:16 AM
              6 responses