NT7/8 with Windows 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7/8 with Windows 10

I forced a download and install of Windows 10 (Build 10240) early this morning and it installed without issue on my Windows 8.1 laptop. I was able to use NT7 and NT8.B3 and launch each verbally via Cortana. As others have reported, the new Visual Studio 2015 community edition also worked well. I was also able to use "remote desktop" from my Windows 8.1 desktop to access the Windows 10 laptop.

My testing is incomplete and NinjaTrader does not yet support Windows 10 so upgrade at your own risk.
    whitmark
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Whitmark Development

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, and I'm glad to hear that everything you've tested so far works well. We do not anticipate any issues running NinjaTrader with Windows 10, but we will have to see how things perform in the release version of Windows. I'm looking forward to installing Windows 10 this evening and starting to test things out, as well.
    Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Just installed Windows 10 upgrading from 8.2. NT 7 seems to work fine, the only thing that so far I have observed is the borders on charts are noticeably different. Also, the charts can not be totally minimized as before and placed in task bar.

Ninja loaded fine, however, with all the delays and quirks that we have already experienced in the past and I do not believe are Windows 10 related.

My recommendation is if you are running Windows 7 do not install Windows 10 on your trading computer until more is known.

Also, the sooner NinjaTrader is supporting Windows 10 the better because this is the last upgrade of Windows.

Cheers!
      Last edited by aligator; 07-31-2015, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by whitmark View Post
        I forced a download and install of Windows 10 (Build 10240) early this morning and it installed without issue on my Windows 8.1 laptop. I was able to use NT7 and NT8.B3 and launch each verbally via Cortana. As others have reported, the new Visual Studio 2015 community edition also worked well. I was also able to use "remote desktop" from my Windows 8.1 desktop to access the Windows 10 laptop.

My testing is incomplete and NinjaTrader does not yet support Windows 10 so upgrade at your own risk.
        For whatever it is worth, the only OS on which I have run NT8 is Windows 10, even while W10 was in beta, all the way until RTM. I have yet to see any issues related to the OS rather than to NT8.

Comment

I agree I have been running Windows 10 for 8 months. with NT7 and now NT8

NT8 definitely has bugs related to running on windows 10 but I believe they are NT8 issues and not Windows 10.

One in particular is when using Virtual Desktops NT8 will display a chart on both the desktop it is instllled on and a second desktop. this has been reported and duplicated by NT and recorded as a bug

Comment

I've only run into issues with virtual desktop and the chart ghosting itself onto another desktop when it shouldn't.

Comment

windows ten "side by side"

when i try and organiz chart in the "side by side" windows features'I get small disorderly chart placement.Any adjustments I can take?

Comment

Hi laredo787,

Can you define 'small disorderly chart placement', or provide a screenshot? Does this occur every time? Can you give me a step-by-step breakdown of how to duplicate this behavior?
                <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

disorderly

I like to have this charts fill the screen in the same size,which I have been able to do in the past,instead i get this ...........http://screencast.com/t/QxYlbBd2

Comment

charts

yes occurs every thing
                    i put 5 charts on a page
                    go to bottom area of screen right click
                    select "show windows side by side"

Comment

Hi laredo787,

Thanks for your report. After testing on my end, this behavior not only occurs on NT7, but other applications as well while using that functionality in Windows 10. This would appear to be intended behavior on the part of Windows 10.
                      <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Originally posted by James108 View Post
                        I agree I have been running Windows 10 for 8 months. with NT7 and now NT8
                        How were you running Windows 10 for 8 months when it just was released in Aug 2015?

Comment

Hi tradetree,

Preview/beta builds for Windows 10 were available a year or more prior to the public release of Windows 10. This is a common practice during the release cycle for a new version of Windows - I know Windows 7 and 8 both did the same.

Comment

Lockup After Sleep Mode

Anyone using monitors that connect via display port and finding that NT7 will lock up after Win10 comes out of an sleep mode in Windows 10? Not sure about NT8 yet. I suspect this is not an issue with VGA, DVI or HDMI connected monitors.
                            whitmark
                            NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Whitmark Development

Comment

Originally posted by whitmark View Post
                              Anyone using monitors that connect via display port and finding that NT7 will lock up after Win10 comes out of an sleep mode in Windows 10? Not sure about NT8 yet. I suspect this is not an issue with VGA, DVI or HDMI connected monitors.
                              Would this be a dell monitor?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post wzgy0920  
                              Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes