Collapse

NT7/8 with Windows 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I have an array of Dell monitors (1xU3014, 2xU2713HM, 1xU2412M) all display port. It definitely happens on the U3014, not sure about the others. I have not noticed the lock up with other applications (e.g., MS Office)

I use to shut the monitors off but then the windows would shift so I switched to turning Win 10 to sleep mode and it only seems to lock up NT after a prolonged sleep.
    whitmark
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Whitmark Development

Comment

Hi whitmark,

To clarify, NinjaTrader 8 will lock up on one of your DisplayPort monitors after Windows enters sleep mode for a time? Have you been able to verify that is occurs only on the monitor you mentioned, or all of your DisplayPort monitors?
      <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

I have Samsung monitors and mine did the same thing when coming out of sleep mode......I just set my sleep timer to never......and all is well.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AlexC View Post
          Hi whitmark,

To clarify, NinjaTrader 8 will lock up on one of your DisplayPort monitors after Windows enters sleep mode for a time? Have you been able to verify that is occurs only on the monitor you mentioned, or all of your DisplayPort monitors?
          Hi Alex,

Sorry, I overlooked your post. To answer your question, I have been observing this new issue on NT7 after Windows 10 comes out of sleep mode for a time. It doesn't happen to other applications (e.g., Visual Studio, Skype, Outlook, Chrome) on the same monitor or other monitors, only NT7. All of the NT7 windows freeze regardless of the display port monitor they are on.

I can't tell you if NT8 behaves the same way as I have been accessing NT8 on local laptop via Remote Desktop from the desktop above and no display port monitors are connected to that device. I have never experienced this type of issue in Win 7 or earlier. Hope that helps.
          whitmark

Comment

I wanted to add, last night I placed NT7 and NT8, side-by-side on the same 30" display port monitor under Windows 10 and then put the computer in sleep mode. This morning, I woke the computer to find NT8 operating fine, however, NT7 was frozen and I was unable to move any of the windows. My recent update to the latest drivers for my two NVS 310 graphics cards did not seem to help. For me at least, this issue seems to be related to NT7 on Win10 using a display port monitor with these graphics cards, keeping in mind it was not an issue when running on Win8.1.
            whitmark

Comment

Hi whitmark,

Thanks for your report, I will report that to the development team.
              <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 09:06 AM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post traderqz  
              Started by traderqz, Today, 12:06 AM
              3 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby