Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friendly Requests

Hi,

If a trader is trading a strategy based on 4-hour bars, that trader may find himself/herself placing trades every few days. If a trader is in a simulator, the trader may have to go back months in order to get enough trading opportunities to have reliable stats. With that said, I believe it would be a good idea for traders to be able to load up market replay data from a given range instead of doing it day-by-day.

Here is another feature that I haven't seen, but I'm sure people would love this one for sure.
    Let's say that you don't want to lose more than 2% on a given trade. You also want to have a stop-loss of 50 pips. This feature would automatically allow you to get into a trade at the right position size in order to make that possible. It would be great if it allows you to do it via profit target as well. To even improve on that, you can expand it to currency amount target.
    This will benefit older adults that might not be as strong with the numbers.

I like your way of writing. Great tips you shared us. It's really important for the new users who is going to start.

Comment

Hi BernWillChris,

On your first point, it is intended and by design that Market Replay is limited to one downloaded day of Replay data at a time. Currently, there are no plans to change this. Access to our historical data servers (included market replay) is a free value added service that is available to all users. Hosting this data and providing access to our users takes significant server resources. The market replay files are much larger than the typical tick data. We do not want to risk the chance that users downloading gigs of market replay data would potentially limit or even take down access to our servers, preventing all users from downloading data that they need access to for live trading needs.

I'll submit your second suggestion to the development team for consideration.
      <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Thanks Henry for your remark.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post adeelshahzad  
        Started by merzo, 06-25-2023, 02:19 AM
        10 responses