OnRender() - Arbitrary Spacing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OnRender() - Arbitrary Spacing

I didn't know what to call it, but I would like to be able to affect the layout of the candles on the chart. Arbitrary Spacing is what came to mind but not sure how to implement such a thing.

So, for example, I would like to "insert" 100 Pixels of blank space every 10 bars so I can paint a summary, I know I have seen this done on NT7 but never done it myself.

Is there some Override or something to affect the "Y" position of bar index X? Or is there a better way to do this?

Thanks

PS. Looking at the VolumeZones indicator, what I have stated above will likely affect the :

int lastBar = ChartBars.ToIndex;
    int firstBar = ChartBars.FromIndex;

Hello,

This is an interesting question.

I believe for this I will need to do some research to see how exactly this could be possible.

I would like to ask, for this idea was this planned to be an Indicator, bar type, chart style? I believe this would likely need to be a bar type but wanted to understand which you are actually trying to use.

Once I receive a reply on the type of item you would like this to be, I can look into ways this may be accomplished and see if it is possible regarding that type.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jess,

I am not entirely sure how it can be done, maybe it can be done as a bar type, but the hope would be for example to insert a Volume Profile before each Session or Each Hour or some other unique point in the Bar Stream.

Doesn't have to be a Volume Profile, but a way to inject some custom visual/data (maybe Text) into the chart without writing over the bars and to have it scroll with the bars.

Comment

Originally posted by NJA_MC View Post
        the hope would be for example to insert a Volume Profile before each Session or some other unique point in the Bar Stream, without writing over the bars and to have it scroll with the bars.
        Was talking about this same concept the other day with another beta tester..

+1

-=Edge=-
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - High Tech Trading Analysis

Comment

NJA_MC,

Our NinjaScript team has been milling this one over, but we are not able to come up with a solution for this.

While you can render anything you want on the chart, this won't affect the time stamps at the bottom.

Adding in empty holder bars will affect your data for indicators so this is also not a solution.

I do think you've got a great idea..

So, I will forward this as a feature request in your behalf. It will be up to the development department to decide to implement this.

Thanks for the suggestion and let me know if there are other ideas you'd like to submit as a feature request.
          Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

+1 on this... my use-case are volume bars:

This BarType works but indicators and timeline are unaligned.
            Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post aussugardefender  
            Started by pvincent, 06-23-2022, 12:53 PM
            14 responses